Thread: Need help in configuring the Logitech Harmony One remote with Apple TV 2

Need help in configuring the Logitech Harmony One remote with Apple TV 2

I have recently bought Logitech Harmony One remote and I am willing to configure it with the Apple TV 2, actually I have completed the most of the things but then I just wanted to know that I have selected the activity from the picker and I was able to get all the right inputs on the receiver and TV but now I want to go back to the activity picker again and I am stuck at this point and I am not able to figure out the setting for the same, Is there anyone who has an idea about it an can help me out as well. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Need help in configuring the Logitech Harmony One remote with Apple TV 2

I have recently bought Logitech Harmony One remote and I am willing to configure it with the Apple TV 2, actually I have completed the most of the things but then I just wanted to know that I have selected the activity from the picker and I was able to get all the right inputs on the receiver and TV but now I want to go back to the activity picker again and I am stuck at this point and I am not able to figure out the setting for the same, Is there anyone who has an idea about it an can help me out as well. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    Even I was facing the same problem wile configuring it but then I have found the solution for the same, actually the problem here is that default Apple TV set-up is really not mapping the remote control buttons to any commands for the Apple TV and in this case if you will go with the "customize buttons" and then set the action that you need then none of the buttons will be assigned the actions that you have set up but then if you will go for the more routine action like "Watch TV" from the "Customize Buttons" then you will find that the buttons are mapped properly. In order to solve it out you will have to manually customize the buttons, just to explain you the same in detail if you will use the "up arrow" and select "Media Center PC" and then do the same for the buttons you need then you will get an good idea in order to choose, save and then upload the same to the remote. Just try it out and then let me know whether you are able to do the same or not.

I also need a bit of help regarding the same, actually even I am trying to configure the harmony remote with the Apple TV but then I am not able to make out to configure the activity to use the receiver in order to control the volume, I have found that for the other activities for eg PS3 and all it used to ask me to control the volume but the I am not able to get the same here. I am using an Onkyo receiver for the same. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I think that I can help you out here, Just start with Watch TV and do the same through pc and start it as an activity and then customize it and after that also rename it as Apple TV after you have completed the process. When you are don’t with the same then you will be ask “what you want to use to control the volume.” And when you will click on the “yes” option then you will be able to work it without any problem.

Hey thanks for that I have done the same and now I have configured it well and I have also created a new activity for it as well, I did not thought that it would have been so easy to customize the button. Anyways thanks for the same once more, I had really wasted a lot of time in trying out the same but then you have finally made it out for me.

Hey guys even I have somehow managed to configure the Logitech Harmony One remote with Apple TV 2 and everything else is fine now but then I have found one weird thing and it is that, I have set the OK button on the harmony to ATV "menu" command but then It is not working when the Harmony is in the Activity mode. I have found that it works when I switch to ATV device screen directly. After that when I switch back to the ATV Activity then also it works but then once I switch to the main ATV Menu screen then it does not. Is there anyone who has faced this weird issue? Any further help will be appreciated.