Thread: Print Spooler Keeps Stopping in IBM ThinkCentre 8171 with Windows XP Pro SP3

Print Spooler Keeps Stopping in IBM ThinkCentre 8171 with Windows XP Pro SP3

Really this is frustrating but still facing this issue and I can’t find any solution to this anywhere I have IBM ThinkCentre 8171 with Windows XP Pro SP3 but I think it might that causing Spooler Stopping I am sure all setting is proper yet the Spooler service continuously stop I have to then manually restart the spooler and I am not able to restore to an previous point due to the wipeout of restore points, and the print spooler still shutting down pleas guys need help on this I would be really glad thanks

Re: Print Spooler Keeps Stopping in IBM ThinkCentre 8171 with Windows XP Pro SP3

Having constant drawback I actually have tried all of this and cleaned out the spool etc and edited the registry thus there aren't any print drivers anywhere however still the service stops
    itself. It doesn't even return on on startup even supposing it's set to automatic . I will begin it - however it stops itself!

Re: Print Spooler Keeps Stopping in IBM ThinkCentre 8171 with Windows XP Pro SP3

Did you go scrutinize printer maker's website for a later driver or info? once I have seen this error it nearly always

Needed a more moderen driver to unravel. make sure to 1st move to printers - right cick and clear all documents

I downloaded the most recent driver from the printer web site. . It gave the impression to be loading fine till it really tried to attach with the printer. that is once I get the message regarding not having the ability to find/communicate with the printer. Since the printer was running fine for over a year, I did not suppose to ascertain and see if had a replacement issue with Xp however i'll check their website.

What I counsel is move to Run and sort in "services.msc" while not quotation marks, then press Enter or click OK. within the window that opens (Services) search for "Print Spooler" on the proper Right-click "Print Spooler" and choose "Properties". Click on the "Recovery" tab and alter all three drop-down boxes to "Restart The Service".

Make sure the two text boxes beneath say "1" in them. Click Ok till you're back at the Services window, shut it and you are smart to travel. return into the properties of the "Print Spooler" tab and make sure to click begin to restart the Print Spooler service and it'll restart the service immediately.

The Print spooler depends on the Remote Procedure decision (RPC) service. is that this service disabled? move to services.msc search for RPC. Check state: Automatic

What you would possibly can do is move to the print spooler service applet, and check the recovery tab. confirm that the service is about to restart on a failure. Also , dont hassle with sending miscalculation report back to Microsoft. I've tried within the past, they dont facilitate. however what does one expect from Microsoft??? A reinstall of XP may well be your best bet, and rather use Microsoft Anti Spyware. I know, I know... I dont like MS software either, however this is often really quite smart. i take advantage of it on my very own computer. Picks up spyware that almost all alternative packages dont, and its free! Norton sucks, slows down your computer, try MCafee. Its improved substantially.

I've had this drawback plenty with Window XP. there's just one answer that has worked on behalf of me, and it isn't reaching to the "Services" and beginning the Print Spooler, as a result of the Print Spooler can simply stop once more inside seconds or minutes. What has worked on behalf of me is to delete the contents of the subsequent folders

Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
    C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers
    Once I try this, I don't need to reinstall my printers. I simply physically disconnect my native printer unplugged the USB cable wait many seconds, and then reconnect it.

Hope this helps. Let me know what happen .

I hope this may facilitate
    • go to begin
    • run kind in regedit realize
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\PRINT\
    • Then you check the suppliers folder and delete those that are not the defaults.
    • Defaults are LanMan Print Se
    rvices and web Print supplier