Thread: Is it worth to buy a Corsair HS1 Headset

Is it worth to buy a Corsair HS1 Headset

I am decided to purchase A Corsair HS1 gaming headset in order to to replace very old headset. I have few more days to go for a actual buy. I dont know whether it is the right choice or not but i have decided ti get it. However before that i have few things to know about.
    • For me the Mic Quality is extremely important rather than the sound quality. I know that that sound would be better in this.
    • Good record quality is also needed. In my system in order to record sound, there is only onboard sound card on the ASUS "M4A87TD EVO" mobo. The Audio in is only handled by "VIA1818 High Definition Audio 8-channel CODEC". I hope it get good sound.
    • Does this Headset will work in Dedicated Soundcard?

Re: Is it worth to buy a Corsair HS1 Headset

The list of alleged benefits to the users of the Corsair headsets is remarkable. The aim is to convince the headphones with a balanced, rich sound, the microphone can be tailored to the needs of players and the software includes the most comprehensive tool of its kind. This alleged increase is not based on irrelevant integrated sound card that brings the Corsair HS1 and why it is connected via USB and not via phone to the PC. These approaches, however, we know from the competition, so it is worth looking on the respective realization, the actual differences and thus ultimately determine the possible added value.

I personally have not tested your headset. The advantage of the corsair headset is that it has a integrated sound card and connects via USB, so you will have good sound regardless of the machine.

The fact is that the sound is not comparable to that of a good free-field equalized headphones, was simply because of the diffuse field equalized HS1. Then, however, still remains the problem that the HS1 uncomfortable after a short time. Whether this is a general or an individual problem, makes it difficult to say. Both of our editors has the headset on, head 'feeling but not promised. Who is it tougher or is generally less sensitive, perhaps not even feel this lack.

What worries me is if I buy the HS1 that are USB and have a sound card is that nose if you lose quality audio that I have a creative soundblaster XFI XtremeGamer and to 7.1 if it really is simulated and sounds good in the first person shooter or racing games.

The manufacturer Corsair has expanded its portfolio with another hot part, the Corsair HS1. The relatively expensive piece is not only for its comfortable ear cups that provide a high level of comfort, but also convince with the 7.1 Surround Sound and Pro Logic II. Attached great importance to the manufacturers emphasize the fact that the HS1 is a self-development, there are only developers have been at work that previously was originally headsets Logitech have developed. The main focus was on development in the following lines as an excellent sound quality, which should keep up with the music playback of MP3s as well as the comfort of the headset, which will allow one worn over a long period.

Good headphones for gamers, very comfortable to wear even over several hours to watch movies or play is perfect.

I cannot compare these headphones to others, this being my first purchase, but say except that everyone around me was conquered.
    It is really very comfortable, we feel just the ears and during a game is really full immersion.
    I am surprised to jump in my seat, the sound of the games becoming a much more involved and as oppressive.
    This headphone is that of happiness, to be recommended.

For the 7.1 "virtual", the result is simply stunning, I rediscover my films. It is very comfortable and the mic is a success.
    The sound is very clear and fluid, the music go by themselves and we can see details that would listen not noticed before.
    For games, immersion is truly present.

However it is not perfect (not there to take away a star though):
    • It is a little heavy, not enough to disturb daily use, but if you want to "flop" on his couch, he can be a bit disturbing.
    • The USB cable is actually a bit long, but just be careful and not to be messy and it will not bother.
    • For music, the sound default equalizer is not top at all, it is best to switch to "bass", and everything becomes magical.

With the HS1 USB Gaming Headset Corsair makes things right. The sound is good, the build quality is on a very solid level of comfort and can not be criticized, even if this is always the mind. That the microphone is "only" average, and the upper cable remote control has its weaknesses in the overall context bearable. This must be the Corsair headset that is attested to be quite competitive. That alone is still not that you can also deduct from the competition.

The one bonus that offers the Corsair HS1 USB Gaming Headset is the software. It is in principle only a C-media standard driver that you have already seen in many audio solutions, and the graphical representation is only moderate, and many of the functions contribute Although nice names, their actual benefit but stays within tight limits. Nevertheless, this makes the software, the full potential of the headsets available. The equalizer works in combination with the Corsair HS1 to be quite outstanding and in the broad scope adjustments to personal taste, which can put the headset it without hesitation. While there is no equalizer but only at Corsair every reasonably modern sound chip, the implementation of the HS1 USB Gaming Headset is often better than any combination of speakers / headphones and a sound chip.