Thread: Corsair SP2500 Excellent for Home Theater compared to Altec Lansing MX5021

Corsair SP2500 Excellent for Home Theater compared to Altec Lansing MX5021

I have replaced my old Altec Lansing mx5021 (THX) with Corsair SP2500 speakers and they are excellent. The good thing is there is a place wired for front and rear speakers and i can utilize an HTPC to view media (music, movies as well as TV). I had experienced the mx5021 sound and it was good. But the SP2500 added few more bass and volume. It is really a clean and excellent speakers. What do you say?

Re: Corsair SP2500 Excellent for Home Theater compared to Altec Lansing MX5021

After the launch of the Corsair HS1 headset, offers a 2.1 system for gamers, consisting of a sub-amplified 8 ", two satellites, which integrate a range speakers, also powered by 3" and 1 "tweeter. The system includes an external controller with TFT 1.8 "multi-language interface, a knob for volume control and four menu keys. The SP2500 provides an RMS power of 232W and digital audio, the speakers have a total black line, in the classic Corsair.

Easy to use and good quality seem to have been the horizons to which they pointed to the development of courses for the construction of these lines dedicated to entertainment.

Located in a very specific market segment, today's review we will try Corsair SP2500 2.1 speaker system featuring DSP and several profiles composed of two satellites and a subwoofer with a convenient digital control unit.

The system of satellites Corsair SP2500 features built in ABS and equipped with four rubber feet to dampen vibration and acts to prevent slipping. The tweeter and midrange are respectively 1 "and 3" closed-box: the first has a silk dome and the second is in blue paper. The tweeter is positioned asymmetrically with respect to the medium to make the best soundstage and help you find the sweet spot, which, remember, is relative to the positioning of the speakers through which you can tune the frequency response. To cover the two speakers are two metal grids, a solution is not optimal in terms of noise, but certainly useful to protect the membranes.

Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 offers high quality sound for your PC. designed to meet the expectations of players looking for a sound ultra royalists, the sound system is SP2500 consists of two satellite speakers and a subwoofer from 3 to 8. ideal for video games, the system also guarantees a refund Corsair SP2500 clear and dynamic sound of movies thanks to Mod X theatrical sound. At most, all the commands needed to control the sound can be accessed directly from the body control cable.

Buy this for watching movies and games (amazing with Battlefield 3) but no treble music sound great, they sound like a tube. Here I have a headset panasonic 40 euros that sound better (for music)

When UPS rang at my door, I knew what was coming, but when I saw the giant package I was very surprised.
    Although I suspected that the package is not exactly small, but the size of the package I was not prepared.
    Now that is not so important here, the important thing is hidden, well protected in it, and whether it delivers to hear a good performance in games or music, I will now test times.

Corsair talks with this sound system, especially the gamers and not audiophile music or movie lovers.
    The manufacturer promises a linear frequency response between 35Hz and 20 kHz. A linear frequency response means that the system has a specified frequency response across the audio outputs with the same intensity. At Corsair SP2500 is the deviation of only 3 dB.
    This means that the highest possible fidelity sound output is provided in which no frequency band is too short or is played too loud.
    It is neither easy nor inexpensive to develop such a sound system, on the other hand, is too linear frequency band is not always advantageous.

Corsair has particularly highlighted the "mod X" preset. Also on the packaging, it is positioned prominently. The whole thing has its origin in the so-called "X Curve", which essentially describes the equalizer settings to optimize the cinema halls psychoacoustics. The SP2500 is not of course intended for large rooms and made, rather it is a close-range speaker system. What is "mod X" So does is manipulate the equalizer under the assumption of an "X Curve" so that the subjective sense of hearing on the SP2500 in a cinema as equivalent. The "Action" preset is then an easy variation of it: Here is the "mod X" EQ curve above 2 kHz applied and increased frequencies below 80 Hz.

The SP2500 can be so very honest and it may also properly be unreasonable. It can also be loud, but if it distorts the bass very loud and very fast approaching - lagging behind then one gets the impression that the subwoofer. The speech, however, volume level each of which must be permanently definitely cause hearing damage and thus are not recommended anyway. What can the SP2500 is ideal to play softly. Even below the normal voice level of the bandpass can still soft, deep tones leave, where the silent bass woofer other systems long ago.