Thread: Corsair Hydro H60 pump power requirements

Corsair Hydro H60 pump power requirements

Can anyone give mean an explanation about the Corsair Hydro H60 pump. My main question about it is that I want to know what are the power requirements of Corsair Hydro H60 pump? How much watt does it draws? If I get a idea about the same than it will help me in assembling my CPU in balance. Also I would like to know whether a regular fan will work or not?

re: Corsair Hydro H60 pump power requirements

First of all I would like to let you know an important thing that the Corsair Hydro H60 pump must run at full in 12 volts. If that's not the case than it can become a damage. So its better you test it whether the Corsair Hydro H60 pump is running at 12 volts or not.

The attractive field that capacities the "turbine" requires 12v to fittingly manage, any slower i actually could not trust it. im not expression RG is erroneous, im that jumpy. I think you ought to attempt laying the case down on its side to see if the din updates. in the event that not you are immaculately welcome to ask for a RMA with the connection on the other side.

I've run the Corsair H60 pump on its particular and turned it around all courses buzzing around. It is somewhat quieter in some introductions, but ordinarily that irritating sound is invariably there. And then I would be able to constantly catch it on the grounds that the greater part of the fans in my case are situated to run unequivocally beneath 1000rpm. RMA could be a final resort as I'm not excited about transportation charges.

I've never perceived a capacity or amperage rating for the H60's pump. Because Corsair recommends utilizing capacity from a mother slat fan header for the pump, it shouldn't utilize something greater than 1 Amp, or 12 Watts. Mother plank fan headers are more often than not spec'd for 1 Amp max. Given its estimate, and contrasting it with the engine and current draw of a 120mm fan, I remain skeptical about it utilizes something greater than 0.5 Amp, or six watts.

Bringing down the H60's pump speed a humble measure might as well be Ok, but give careful consideration to your CPU temp depending on if you do. H60 pumps as a rule run or are perused by a mother sheet from ~4200-~4400 RPM. One manager presented running his at 3800 RPM, which fathomed his commotion issue, and reported no update in cooling, at any rate out of gear and flat to direct stack scenarios. Diminishing the pumps speed underneath 3800 RPM could influence cooling, so look at those temps! Since you do utilize a fan speed controller on the pump, make sure to screen its speed, generally you have no clue how far you would have let down it.

In my slant, I could want to spared you the time to know that the pump commotion might be initiated by vibration transferred to the plastic instance of the pump, which updates when the pumps introduction is modified. I've viewed channeled of the H60 pump with its best blanket uprooted, and there are a couple or four humble sinks keeping things put, which could be detached. That is immaculate guess on my part. Moreover, on the copper CPU contact plate, there are eight allen/hex-head screws. Utilizing a truly minor allen/hex scratch, I precisely attempted to tighten them a touch, and some moved a quarter turn or thereabouts. Do this at your particular hazard, they may strip effortlessly! I don't have pump uproar issues, and don't know if any of this could help, unequivocally FYI.

A normal PCI space controller with a specific handle I discover on ebay appears to be evaluated at about 8W so I could attempt that. I did peruse the alternate presents about individuals running betwixt 3700-3800 rpm and this is what I need to attempt as well. Incidentally, when I first introduced my H60, I erroneously obstructed it to my CPU header which had fan control on, it was noiseless, but it was reported as running at about 2200rpm, i.e. part of the expected speed.

My interaction is that I have been running my Corsair H60 pump at 90% speed which gives approx 3800 rpm for 4 months now with no noise and no cooling situations my i7-2600K runs at 32-35 sit still and has never gone above 42 yet when utilizing intel anxiety tester.

It need to additionally be noted that, gathering you did this on the PC in your specs profile, that you utilize a Core i3-530 CPU. That is a 73 Watt TDP processor, running at 2.93GHz, with no Turbo alternative, but might be OC'd up to and past 4.0GHz. CPUs with higher TDP's, such as the Intel Core 2 Extreme progression, or original i7 CPUs, and some of the AMD Phenom X3/X4 or Athlon CPUs, have TDP qualities of up to just about twice that. The aforementioned CPUs will need more cooling, especially if Overclocked.