Thread: Mouse occasionally wiggles all over the place

Mouse occasionally wiggles all over the place

Not sure where to post this. I now see other related problems and will look them over. But generally, if I'm online, or especially doing something on Photoshop, the mouse just occasionally wiggles all over the place. I try to click on a kink....zippppppppppp, it takes off somewhere else.

It really is frustrating with photoshop. I can't count the number of times I've had to correct stuff I didn't intend to do.

I will add this note.

I was told by a tech place that my motherboard is failing. It has crashed a few times.

Does motherboard have anything to do with this? I want to replace board, but money is a issue on this end.

Any ideas or remedies are greatly appreciated.

Re: Mouse occasionally wiggles all over the place

It is not a motherboard problem but a mouse problem itself. If the mouse starts to wiggle then surely it seems that it might be covered by dust particles which is why when you move the mouse the cursor starts to wiggle. Which mouse is it by the way, is it optical mouse or some other? Try to clean the dust from the back and see if the problem disappears.

question Re: Mouse occasionally wiggles all over the place

Well, I forgot to mention its an optical mouse. Sorry for the brain far*.

Ok, I just blew it out and it still seems to be wiggining out on me. I thought that I was in need of update or something. Just checked and I have none available. Hmmm. Then am I to assume something is bad with this, or going out???

I'm trying to restore a whole bunch of photos from when I was a, well teen. I now have them scanned and try to fix em up a bit on photoshop. Just a tad frustrating when "mousey" wants to give me hard time.

Re: Mouse occasionally wiggles all over the place

Have you tried with the different mouse? You should plug the same mouse on the same machine and see what the output is. Also you can plug the issue causing mouse on the other machine. It will allow you to find out whether it is issue with the mouse or operating system itself.