Thread: Can I set up the Intel Smart Response Technology by installing the Corsair SSD F120GB3-BK with Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 motherboad?

Can I set up the Intel Smart Response Technology by installing the Corsair SSD F120GB3-BK with Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 motherboad?

I have Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 motherboard which I want to set up with the Intel Smart Response Technology. Including installing of the Corsair SSD-F120GB3-BK. For caching system I will choose Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SATA 3 Solid State Hard Drive - 2.5" - 550MB Read / 510MB/s Write. Will all these things will be compatible with each other?

re: Can I set up the Intel Smart Response Technology by installing the Corsair SSD F120GB3-BK with Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 motherboad?

Considering your specification I think your system will work fine including the accelerated some disk speed but not more than that as compared to usual speed. I have two 3GB Raptors in Raid 0 including 5.9 disk data rating in WEI. Your Boot time will be accelerated.

re: Can I set up the Intel Smart Response Technology by installing the Corsair SSD F120GB3-BK with Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 motherboad?

If you take my opinion than I would like to let you know that it is better to utilize small SSD for Intel Smart Response Technology. Case in point a 60GB Force 3 SSD. It's not worth getting a towering limit SSD and just utilizing it for reserving. As per me I speculate your logging into windows is bringing around 10secs with a dark screen as it seems to stack drivers. So there's possiblity of driver issue going on.

I don't contradict but what I am noticing is that the vendors itself are moving from 64 Gig SSD and the ones they stock appear to be far additional $ / Gig than the 120 Gig Units. I was given a quotation of a 64 Gig non-Corsair for $120 and a 120 Gig for $179. I wasn't even certain if the 64 gig unit was a present objective with a sandforce controller. I've perused basically Intel promo guarantees on how exceptional the Intel Smart Response Technology, but haven't viewed much certifiably genuine sentiment yet. In the event that it doesn't do as publicized, and we've gotten a 120 Gig SSD, regardless i would be able to utilize it for my Laptop or something. I cannot see an additional utilize for a solitary 64 Gig SSD.

If I were in your place than I would have probably purchase a much holding capacity SSD. Because when you setup SRT you need to have the capacity to select a size for store. At the same time if the user would like to put the store on a discrete SSD then a humbler limit SSD could do. Case in point I have old Corsair F40s, I could probably utilize those drives for storing. At the same time following engineering is altering and SSDs are ending up additional reasonable then a 120gb SSD might as well be peachy. Anyhow i wouldn't suggest utilizing the full SSD limit unequivocally for storing.

Since few days I have been spending some time in research and and read some useful articles related to it. I would prefer this mechanics with more current SSDs-specifically for Gaming. I cannot root out beyond any doubt, but I'd want to utilize the max 64 Gig for storing and the remnant of the 120 Gig SSD for Win 7. We would be able to then instate the games onto the 1 TB drive.

Since I consider that you are about to need to partition the 120 GB SSD into several parts, utilizing one part for reserving and the different part for Win 7? What concerning this: leave the plate as one single partition and following you establish Win 7 onto it, there ought to be enough space ~80-90 GB for instituting a couple of games.

Intel SRT is SSD. According to my knowledge the 120GB would be more than enough for running an OS drive and your best liked exhibition delicate apps/games, and move the less utilized ones to a customary some games scarcely see any profit from being put on a speedy medium similar to a SSD. The SRT result is in the process of Overcomplicating things unnecessarily provided that you have a 120GB SSD.

Re: Can I set up the Intel Smart Response Technology by installing the Corsair SSD F120GB3-BK with Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 motherboad?

I am not quite confident whether this will work or not, but I can assure you that people from Intel back would be able to help you with that. Intel imagined this innovation so I conjecture they can response your issue. One alternative might be a bargain: get a 120 or 180 GB SSD, establish Win 7 and just the most preferred games on it or those which have an extended stacking time. The alternate choice could be 500+ GB SSDs.