Thread: Secure Erase Corsair SSD with Parted Magic

Secure Erase Corsair SSD with Parted Magic

Some please let me know the method how to secure Erase Corsair SSD With Parted Magic. I would be glad with your help and it will be appreciated my all those who need solution for the same including me. I am eagerly waiting so please post it as soon as possible.

Re: Secure Erase Corsair SSD with Parted Magic

The method which I used to Secure erase my Corsair SSD with Parted Magic is that first I have downloaded pdf and then tried secure erase. It will say that the HDD is frozen on BIOS that is not enable so it can be External erase. After that I clicked OK. When the process got finished I restarted my computer nad everything was working fine and after that I performed Secure Erase with Parted Magic

I recommend you to keep it running by its own at the desktop but just note that you don't forget to exit the utility and then unplug the power to the drive then unplug the data cable for about one min the connect the information back to then after that the capacity and run the application again it might as well be unlocked and permit the secure erase.

Myself having both laptop & desktop machines. I attempt this with both of that machines:
    • -Unplug information & power cable. No HDD in machines
    • -Holding up min 10 minutes
    • -Embed partedmagic CD and begin machine
    • -Cork information & capacity link of SSD
    • -I select Internal: Security delete command then again carry on
    • -Ata Security delete perceive is: This rutine can just plate supporting the security mode emphasize set.
    • -Unplug SSD power & its data cable and holding up 10 minutes
    • -Re attempt security delete but same mistake occur

After reading carefully I came to a conclusion that the few steps that you have performed would lead you to clashing with the drive capacity. Anyhow if that keeps on to happen I could prescribe attempting on an additional system. With just the SSD drive joined boot the system with the Parted Magic CD then run the secure erase. In the event that you get the slip that the drive is bolted displayed the delete utility but still at the Parted mystery desktop unplug the drive capacity and afterward the information link for about 30 sec to one min then interface the information link then the capacity and run the secure erase.

Me having them in Raid0 and that is why this is ease for me. Just follow the below:
    • -take afar that capacity link from SSD's
    • -boot it from that disc
    • -embed those capacity links to SSD's in that first blue screen, (1 pic in Corsair direct) where you picked "default".
    • -no fear of frozen ssd's.

What I did is attempted to put my Nova V128GB into an outside USB port and booted my laptop from a Parted Magic USB stay. It could not spared me the time to delete the drive. It stated that it was "frozen". I don't have access to a desktop machine to put it in, if that is what you could propose. I first attempted it with the head in the laptop and got same effects. Powering down for a brief period of time rebooting and reconnecting did nothing to upgrade the scenario. Perhaps this basically cannot be finished with the Indilinx Controller. I need to express that it is sad that Corsair for not providing a product device and guidelines for fulfilling this.

I was fit to UNFREEZE my SSD and secure-delete it. Parchment UP from that post to see how its finished. You should boot from a Linux LiveCD. I utilized Ubuntu 10.10. Open a terminal and take after the headings posted by Stamatisx. I did this with the SSD in the laptop, booting from a USB blaze drive. I shut the top actually extended enough for the laptop to go into sleep mode and after that opened it once again down and ran the "hdparm-I /dev/sda" and the drive was no longer frozen. The exact time it took to do the secure-delete was just about 7 seconds! You would like to do this truly regularly for the reason that it effects the for the most part lifespan of your SSD. My appraised drive existence run over from 99% to 98% when the delete. Thus, recovery this for when you totally should do it.

I attempt plug/unplug routine in few desktop machines. anyway it dont work. When drop in bios screen F2 or erase. I see no hdd in machine. However it pluged. Nova V128GB for Acer seek 8943g hm55 chipset I never drop in bios screen if ssd pluged.
    Code:
    for ubuntu
    hdparm -I /dev/sda ==> HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(identify) filed: Invalid Exchange

In the event that works for you then by all implies, but it would not be able to work against all odds, The issue is brought about by the MB or system BIOS at POST it will by default bolt the head for security explanations and this can happen originating from suspend too.

PartitionMagic & Gparted cant identify my SSD. I have done many searched on Google but there seemed that I haven't found an precise answer for the same. The situation is too regretful. When I read a page the steps were too difficult to follow.