Thread: Need Firmware fixes for Corsair Survivor 32GB USB Flash Drive

Need Firmware fixes for Corsair Survivor 32GB USB Flash Drive

I have most recently purchased a Corsair CMFSRA32GBGT2 32GB Survivor drive for running temporary operating system. I have noticed that while connecting the Corsair drives to my PC I have encountered the Flashing Blue Light of death problem in my system. I have not encountered such kind of problems while using other Flash drives. I am using EXT2 for my filesystem. I have tried to update its firmware but it failed. I guess the firmware needs a fix. What should I do know?

Re: Need Firmware fixes for Corsair Survivor 32GB USB Flash Drive

As far as I am concerned the only way I can suggest now is to update it from Windows. If you still find similar kind of situation after Firmware update than you should check the voltage and current on the USB post on you PC. I am asking you to do so because this kind of voltage problem (Hardware) is usual. Your USB port need to provide 5.0 Volts +-.125 Volts (4.875-5.125Volts) and Minimum 500 Mamps.

I own a Laptop with Windows operating system installed in it. Flashing of drives can be done by installation. In present flash, I have viewed a repeat of the situation. I flashed, then created a script to duplicate file from one drive to the different. I saw the situation re-display itself following less than 20 moments, and have duplicated it on both peruse and write cycles with the drives. I speculate the problemis with the Corsair Survivor 32GB USB Flash Drive then too I will check the USB port on my system.

The Corsair 32G GTR drives which I have is of normal version but not the "survivor" version. I in addition have performed the firmware upgrade. I have been confronting the situation using a script that duplicated files to between the drives, do you hold any more info about what you were doing. I am additionally using the drives as boot mechanisms, so when we see the detach, we lose the log data in light of the fact that it lack the capacity to be flushed to circle, so I could want to attempt something like you depicted to see depending on if I am able to create this to happen and catch the Linux log files.

I have not attempted access to the info that is on the USB connected but but I do have the serial number recorded which is based upon what is turned around by the unit when I updated the firmware if that could be accommodating. The just markings I could probably peruse on the drive connector is the "G32G" and I know the drive is a Corsair GTR 32GB. I have obtained practically 3 of these drives and are seeing reports of flops on huge numbers of these drives, some are flopping as elevated as 20% of the time. I was initially testing with the GT drives and saw no such inadequacies. It was just when the GT drives were no longer ready that I moved to the GTR.

Far at the most I could possibly do is case the drivers and simply install the Linux in it. It is far reliable thing to do if you ask me. After that let the system boot into the X server over and over. 9 of the 10 drives we tested had situations slipping up the same time as boot. They try not to come up short everytime, but they do come up short consistently and more than once. I attempted this with various distinctive LOT numbers and the 1 drive that didn't slip up was from the same parcel as different drives that do, so it makes a point not to give off an impression of being tied to the LOT number. I've moreover attempted this same test with some of you Voyager GT drives we had obtained formerly and with drives from different makers, none of which had any situations.

Finally I came to a disappointing conclusion that this drives is not for me. These drives essentially make a point not to work for me and I am confident this is a productivity flaw. My personal experience and experiments for a significant number of time identified with it. The Manufacturer should provide replacement to people those who are owning this product.