Thread: SoftAP feature is not Available for HP Wi-Fi mouse

SoftAP feature is not Available for HP Wi-Fi mouse

I have recently bought HP Wi-Fi mouse and i have found that it is not working and it is giving me a message that "SoftAP is not available." I have tried to get the softap but then i have not found the same, i am really feeling cheated at this moment because it was not mentioned anywhere that the mouse will require the SoftAP in order to use the mouse and now i think that i don't have any option left with is getting a new other company mouse.Is there anyone who has found a solution to get it work somehow. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

re: SoftAP feature is not Available for HP Wi-Fi mouse

I will like to inform you that the mouse will not work for the following os:
    • windows xp
    • windows vista
    • linux

It will only work with windows 7 as it has the “SoftAP” built in feature.

If that is the case then i will like to inform you that i am having windows 7 as my operating system and even after that i am getting the "SoftAP is not available." message when i am connecting the mouse. I have tried to search for the SoftAP in the whole system but then i have not found any instance of the same. I am not very sure if there is any setting or something that has to be changed, so any further help for this will be appreciated.

I think that you can try out a workaround and that is disabling and then enabling the SoftAP module and in order to do so just follow the below steps:
    Just go to the start menu and then click on run and then type cmd and then press enter.
    After that you will get a black screen so now enter the below commands:
    netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
    netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Make sure that you enter them without the quotes and then press enter after each command, just check it out and then let me know if it is making any difference or not.

I have tried the above method but then i don't think that it is helping me out, after entering the cmd in the run i have made sure that i am using the admin account but then when i entered the first command and then proceed with the second than i got a message saying that "The Hosted Network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation." Now i am really running out of ideas and i want to solve it out somehow, is there an effective solution to get it work somehow?? please help!!

I think that you can try out disabling the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter’ and see if it is making any difference, if that does not work then please provide me the following details:
    • Wireless card??
    • Version of the driver??

I have tried disabling the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter as well but then i don't think that it is making any difference and i am still left with the same problem and i am not able to connect the mouse to my Dell Latitude 13.
    • MS Virtual WiFi Mini Port Adapter -Version 6.1.7600.16385
    • Driver version-Version 9.0.0.202.

I have recently bought a wi-fi touch mouse X7000 and when i am trying to connect it then i am getting the message saying that the softAP is not available, i have tried to run the command that you have suggested in the command prompt but then it is just not working out. When i am entering the command then i am getting a message saying that "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation." even though i am having windows 7. I don't know what to do now because i have just found a no of people having the same issue but the no one is having a solution for the same. I have found that it is working for some people who are using windows 7 but then i don know why it is not working for. I have been cracking my head since yesterday but then i have not got any success. I think that getting other mouse will be a better option than trying solutions and solutions for the same.

Hey guys i have finally solved the problem by giving up the device finally and getting a new compatible one.
    Anyways i am thankful to you all for sharing you suggestions and trying to help me out with the problem, i really appreciate your help.

Re: SoftAP feature is not Available for HP Wi-Fi mouse

I was using my mouse successfully and then all of a sudden I also ran into this softAP not available problem? HP is a garbage company and does not back up its products and the
    n tries to capitalize and profit on its malfunctions by demanding you pay for its help to operate its defective products!

HP is garbage my mouse was working fine and yhen all of a sudden I get this softAP is not available crap come into play...now HP wants me to pay them to help me use/fix their malfunctioning product? Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by IvanVegh View Post
    HP is garbage my mouse was working fine and yhen all of a sudden I get this softAP is not available crap come into play...now HP wants me to pay them to help me use/fix their malfunctioning product? Classic!
    Yes, this problem looks to be a flaw with HP's mouse only. To solve it partially you can go in Network and Sharing Center and then click on Change Adapter settings. Now search for your wireless adapter, select it and then click disable this device and wait for few minutes and then click enable this device again. It will try to solve the problem of "SoftAP is not available" that happens all the time.