Thread: Corsair CX430 still showing high pitched whine

Corsair CX430 still showing high pitched whine

Hi friends recently I have RMA my Corsair CX430 PSU, the reason for this is the PSU is making the unwanted Noise whenever I try to make the PC to shutdown. So after I have received the new replacement unit, so I have just mounted that on my system but still I have the same issue for this annoying noise with the PC. So what you guys think is there are the issue with these Corsair CX430 PSU or there are some any other reasons for this annoying noise. So guys I am very much confused about this high pitched whine by the PSU. So if you guys have any of the suggestion or any of the solution for this thing then please let me know. Any of the reply will be appreciated.

Re: Corsair CX430 still showing high pitched whine

I think this is not the PSU issue, since even with the replacement with the new Corsair CX430 PSU in your system; the same issue is still for the annoying noise. So because of that there may be the chances that you are using the grounded power outlet. So the best way to verify the correction for this kind of the issue is that you just try to test the new Corsair CX430 PSU in your system with another power outlet. May this will help you out.

I think the 24-pin ATX cable is not connected properly to the mobo, so first make the verification for the connection of the ATX cable properly. So first make this thing OK and if still you are facing the sound issue then there may be the issue in this new Corsair CX430, so you just check it out so for that you just try to plugged in to the outlet and without any connection of the PC components, so check whether it show the same issue, if no noise is there in the PSU then it means there are the Cabinet issue.

According to my information you just try to fixed the PSU perfectly there on the cabinet, make sure that the entire screw is to be fix perfectly. And then check for the power supply properly. Since I thing there are no need for the RMA for the Corsair CX430 again and again.

This can be fixed if you try. And still there is the issue after the perfect connection of the screw and the other thing properly then sure you can take the help from some of the experience guys or directly go to the service center

Even I was also facing the same problems with my new PSU, so for that I have make the several attempts and several try to make this problems to be fixed, but unfortunately I was not able to make the correction for the PSU issue. So finally I just mail this issue to the customer service along with my RMA number. And within 2 days they came and make this thing to work properly, so I think you just make contact to the customer service if you are still having the problems with the new Corsair CX430 PSU.

May be the mobo socket connection is not properly, since these issue are normally seen there in the PSU, if there are some of the glitch or the issue in the mobo or there in the PSU. So you just need to make the fix for the mobo socket and then you can make the connection of the Corsair CX430 PSU in your System configuration.

I think the better way to fix the Corsair CX430 PSU in your System is to read the instruction that are given with the package of the PSU, so you just need to follow the instruction and make the connection of these PSU with the steps mention there on the manual.

According to my suggestion may the PSU is not supported with your cabinet, so because of that even with the new Replacement of the PSU it’s still making the noise there in the cabinet. So I think you must try to mount the other or the alternate PSU that suitable to mount there on your CPU cabinet. OR there is the need for the update for the cabinet too. Since this may be the cabinet or some of the other issue that don’t make the PSU to work normally on your CPU Cabinet.

I think there is some of the internal issue in the system only. Because even with the replacement of Corsair CX430 PSU this issue is not solve, that means that there are some of the PC or some other hardware issue. So I think that you have to make the correction for the internal connection for the other parts of the PC. So after the other and with the needful correction of the things in the CPU you will able to make this issue fixed.