Thread: Max capacity of HDD on Intel D845GVSR

Max capacity of HDD on Intel D845GVSR

i used this Intel Desktop Board D845GVSR with Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz CPU on it. i used this combination in last six month. Windows XP Professional running on this system. Now i want to increase capacity of HDD on this system. I search a lot but can't found maximum speed of the HDD on this mainboard. i need some interesting information that helps to build system with higher capacity of HDD. Also please explain that should i use external tv tuner for watching TV shows on it. Thanks for any such help.

Re: Max capacity of HDD on Intel D845GVSR

Its normally depends on type of connections you have used on such mainboard. If the connector of the motherboard supports, we can easily insert the high memory space HDD for such system. We need to first check that the HDD we select is being compatible with the connector or not. Try to check the connector of the mainboard and then perform such max capacity of HDD connection process.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadou View Post
    Its normally depends on type of connections you have used on such mainboard. If the connector of the motherboard supports, we can easily insert the high memory space HDD for such system. We need to first check that the HDD we select is being compatible with the connector or not. Try to check the connector of the mainboard and then perform such max capacity of HDD connection process.
    The mainboard you specified is being Intel Desktop Board D845GVSR that released over 7 years ago. In that time, even the 1TB or may be 500GB HDD not being presents. Hence I think this mainboard will be compatible with 500GB or less than that size of the Hard Disk. hence its better to try to connect 500GB HDD on it. If it makes problem, try to decrease this HDD size. This is well for you.

I used 320 GB seagete HDD on the same Intel Desktop Board D845GVSR mainboard. Hence one think that sure about this board works comfortably with this 320 GB seagete HDD. 320GB is big amount of memory space. You can try it on your system. Hence buy this and check its details on the official sites of this HDD. This is well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JErastus View Post
    I used 320 GB seagete HDD on the same Intel Desktop Board D845GVSR mainboard. Hence one think that sure about this board works comfortably with this 320 GB seagete HDD. 320GB is big amount of memory space. You can try it on your system. Hence buy this and check its details on the official sites of this HDD. This is well for you.
    yes, i also think that for such kind of old mainboard you can try with this 320 GB seagete HDD. This is better for getting the more memory space on it. It will be also helps to fix your memory problem. if you want more space on it, you can take help of the external memory devices. This is well for you to fix any such kind of data backup problems with the help of this external memory devices. Few of such devices is to be External USB HDD, Pen drive, CD, DVD and so on. Get advantage of such devices on your system.

PCI controller card also allow to attach the external Hard disk on this system. This is well for you to fix your problem using such external HDD. With the help of this facility you can also keep safe of your inbuilt hard disk on this mainboard. This is well for you to insert PCI controller card on it. This is also well for USB devices.

External TV tuner connectivity can be possible with the monitor. It nothing related to the mainboard. After buying such device, you can easily attach this connector to the monitor of your system. If you talking about the internal TV tuner card, then yes, it is also possible with this old mainboard. You need to simply put compatible Tv Tuner card on the PCI Express slot. This slot presents on this mainboard. Use it and access all the contents on your computer system with the help of this internal TV tuner card.

Thanks for your valuable support. Now i decided to use 320GB hard disk on it. But if some one also found that more than 320Gb HDD comfortable with this mainboard, then please must reply for this post. This is well to me for improve the HDD space in future.