Thread: Getting constant freeze and BSOD on Force Series 3 120 GB SSD

Getting constant freeze and BSOD on Force Series 3 120 GB SSD

So here is the case I have recently bought this new SSD for my pc no I was getting the BSOD within the few hours when I first installed it on to my computer and it freeze my windows constantly so I thought to upgrade the firmware which was 1.3 to 1.3.3 and that seems to be works fine but when I re installed the os for clean things up it now I usually wake up in the morning to a BSOD

And still now I've had system freeze . I don’t know what is wrong with it ? I actuality don't wish to RMA this drive and it look as if once v1.3.3 all the issues with these drives go away for the majority part. The part number on my drive is 1138 can anyone here can help me on this I would be really glad to know this thanks in advance

Re: Getting constant freeze and BSOD on Force Series 3 120 GB SSD

Hey are you able to tell me what's your BSOD showing on the screen i might wish to recognize this before commenting on this issue and also wish to understand that whether or not you have got overclocked the CPU or the Memory? I once this same issue and it turned out to be an unstable overclock.

If you unable to provide the detail of BSOD because of restarting the here what you must do Right click my pc and opt for properties. Then move to Advanced System Settings Startup and uncheck "Automatically Restart". This may stop the pc restarting thus you'll see the BSOD.

Print screen Bluescreenview to examine the small print of the BSOD.

If you have got done a full re-install and it still happens it's in all probability hardware connected. Take a look at your RAM one stick at a time.

Similar issue with me interested to examine how this seems, I was having problems with my Corsair Force a 120. Pretty certain it had been my ram timings as my ram is 9-9-9-24 2t 1.5v

Bios had it set at 9-9-9-28 1t 1.65v Once I did this i haven’t had a blue screen since .

I think this is able to be merely simply being the SSD that is faulty? Appears like an uncommon symptom for a HDD or SSD error In my opinion . sometimes if one thing is corrupt its not thus random, and alternative then corrupt files is there any method for a SSD to reason for BSOD

Faulty RAM doesn't cause short period system freezes. Faulty RAM can cause random BSOD's. A poor RAM slot will cause a whole system freeze that never recovers however conjointly never causes a BSOD . the actual fact that a similar downside occurred on your previous laptop is incredibly indicative that the matter is caused by the SSD or any HDD from your previous system. Your symptoms are typical of a HDD or SSD slowdown this causes the system to become not responsive for brief periods. If the system level writes to the SSD or HDD don't complete during a long quantity of your time then the system can BSOD.

I am unsure if this can be about to facilitate however I recommend that have you ever tried doing a clean install on a standard HDD, taking the SSD out of the combo all together?

Please post back the report on this i might wish to recognize

I've had one or two of catastrophic failures with my new 240GB three x58 Gigabyte motherboard, i7 CPU, Win 7 . The drive acts as if it's power-cycled off, and on reboot the motherboard cannot realize it. I actually have to let the laptop sit for little, begin it up once more, and it's back.

Before this i used to be running an Intel X25 M SSD while not issue. i am not super involved at this time, however if it happens some additional times it's about to build me nervous.

I have a similar downside, though it does not BSOD, it just freezes for 30s presently . I've have no ports inside the LPM registry bit, plus my BIOS are put to RAID through hotplug on.

What are the newest Intel RST drivers? On the Intel web site I will solely realize V10.1.0.1008, however on the Asus web site there is V10.5.0.1026. i have not tried the Asus ones nonetheless.

i believe that this downside is with each bois firmware and SSD firmware, I strongly suggest that new firmware ought to be unharnessed soon that ought to fix this issue. It’s simply a weird compatibility issue with sure MB and Bios. its not physically the SSD.

My understanding is that this mostly happens in Gigabyte MB's, however Asus P67 have had some tiny issues to. What FW have you ever got on your SSD ?

Hey guys i'm having a similar downside and that i am thinking of doing the subsequent to solve the issue

• Update SSD to latest firmware
    • Update motherboard BIOS to latest firmware
    • Plug SSD into motherboard on one of the four out there SATA II but not SATA III , ports on the motherboard as the SSD is merely SATA II itself . I previously had the SSD plugged into a SATA III port, considering the SSD is simply SATA II i am wondering if this perhaps contributed to the issues.

What does you guy think? Exploring through this thread it seems it’s simply the corsair that bugger up,