Thread: Rolled back to WD TV Live Hub firmware 2.07.17

Rolled back to WD TV Live Hub firmware 2.07.17

HEy all, i start gettign the problem with the WD TV Live Hub firmware and for thar reason now i had to roll back to 2.07.17. with the previous version i was gettign that the unit could not access the contents of external USB drives, but now after i have roll back to 2.07.17, now i am getting that all things are working very fine. but still i want to know that what could have caused this and would like to help WD solve the problem. if here anyone have the suggestion about this then please reply me back for the suggestion.

Re: Rolled back to WD TV Live Hub firmware 2.07.17

Yes, i also agree wiht the same. firmware update means Improvements, but still i am not getting that Improvements in what case?? in the firmware or something else?? i am having following and with this all, i get the problem after i tried wiht the firmware update. i am thinking that the best thing is not to do the firmware update. i am having ::
    • WD TV Live Hub
    • WD TV Live Plus
    • PS3

when i tried with the firmware update at that tim ei get that they are telling me the Firmware section in general is being monitored for improvements.

after the firmware update i get tha the my HUB is not able to find my external HDD and also it is not able to display all my thumbnails. for resolving this i tried woith the so many of the other suggestion for this, but still i get the smae problem. for resolving this i have to roll back to 2.07.17. after this i get that the problem is to be resolve. and also after the firmware update i get that DVD folders it made browsing and selection difficult too, and also it creates problem with distorted ACC audio. when i was trying with the connecting the TMDB at that time i get that this is not getting connected with that. still i have not get the proper suggestion for that and the only suggestion for resolving this problem is to roll back to the 2.07.17. can here any have also faced the same problem and was able to resolve that??? if yes then please reply me back for that.

NO, there is no one that have tried with the 2.08.13 and have not get the problem wiht that. i am still using the fimware 2.07.17 and with this i am not getting that all problem that you have described in the above post. but still i can say here that i am tyring wiht the find out if the latest version 3.00.28 resolves isues caused by version 2.08.13. i will try with the version 3.00.28 and see if this will not having this all type of the problem. i will reply about the results for that.

if here you are saying that Get Info not working at all then at that time i will say to you that this looks like there are no internet connection, and for that only you are gettign that type of the problem with that.i am also havign the Popcorn A300 on order which will be my main player abd with this i am not getting any problem at all. try with making sure about the internet conection for this.,

YEs, i was also gettign this type of the problem and for resolving this i tried with the rolling back, but still i get the problem with the rolling back. when i was trying wiht the rolling back at that time i downloaded on my USB (root) the older firmware but at that time i am not getting the way for upgrading firmware, there is no option for doing that. wehn i check for the instructions at that time i get the following::
    The WD TV Live Hub Media Center will check only the Root Directory of an attached USB device. If you are using the original firmware file to attempt this, you will not receive the New Firmware option. If it does not appear, and you are sure that you are using the firmware files located in step #1 of these instructions, and that the files are not in a folder on the drive. If the New Firmware option still does not appear, please Contact Us for additional support.
    but here i am not gettign the option for roll back, please help me if here anyone have the suggestion about that,

YEs, me too not gettting the way for roll back the drivers, i tried wiht the instructions but still i am getting that Something is missing from this. please help me for roll back the drivers.

dude, i would like to say here that i had did upgrade from 2.07.17 to 2.08.13 and after that again i upgrade to the 3.0018 and after that also i am not getting any problem with that. everything seems to be working FINE, and also problems that I found on 2.08.13 seem to be gonne. to you all also who are facing the problem with the 2.07.17, i will suggets to try with the 3.0018 and i am sure that with that you all also will not get the problem

NO, i think that i wil not try with the upgrade to the 3.0018 this is because, when i tried with the updating from 2.06.10 through 2.07.17 at that time i start getting so much of the problem with that. and i cna say that I tried out the latest and it was pretty much a wash. this update have not fixed any things but it created other problem, so i am thinking that if i will try with the upgrade to the 3.0018, then it also might happens that wiht thgat also i will get the problem. but still here i would like to say to you all that I really only use it for videos and Pandora now. since you are sayinf here that you have tried with that and you are not gettign any such type of the problem then i am also thinkign for doing the same update and hope that this will really help me for resolving all the problem.

thanks for telling me about tthis all things. i will try with upgrade to the 3.0018 and will reply here back if after that i again get the same problem.

YEs, i was also having the same problem and for resolvign this i tried with the checking the instruction but at that time also i get thta this not working for me. but now after trying with the suggestion here, now i am getting that is working very fine for me. thanks for such a great suggestion.