Thread: How to modify SEAGATE ST3300007FCV drivers?

How to modify SEAGATE ST3300007FCV drivers?

HEy all, i am having StorageTek FlexLine FLA300 hard drive array, and for that i bought Seagate drives. but here i am getting that the drivers appear to have the lovely emc proprietary 12v only configuration. can here anyone tell me that how can i modify these drives to make them work in my
    StorageTek FlexLine FLA300 hard drive array??? if yes, then please reply me back for that. And i am having following Drive specs:

• ST3300007FCV
    • Firmware: 6A16
    • Part Number: 9X1007-044
    • VDC +5 AMPS -
    • VDC +12 AMPS 1.6

Re: How to modify SEAGATE ST3300007FCV drivers?

sorry dude, i am not having enough knowledge about this driver. but in your case, i can say that this is possible FC and FCV versions may be identical in function and also with the connector pin out, i am sure about this. and also i can say here that if this is possible then you can also plug them interchangeably into the same back plane. for you, i will suggest that if you are getting some problem with the drivers then you will need to compare your drive's pinout against Section 9.5.4 of the Product Manual. try to get that manual and after that i am sure that you will be able to modify those drivers which you are having.

yes, i tried with that and i get that my drives do match the ST3300007FC. after compairing that i came to know that I can plug them into my shelf without causing any damage. thanks for telling me about this all things. but still there is remain undetectable by the HBA Bios. what to do now??

Ok, if you are getting that the drivers are not supporting then i think that for that the reason is drives are not spinning up is the EMC Firmware. for resolving that i think that you will need to take them back to generic firmware. yes, i know that this is very complicated, but this is possible to do. and also in your case, let me tell you that the 12V only is not the issue. try with this and reply me back about the result for this.

here i would like to say that that here i cant tell you the reason for why your drives are not being detected in your array. but here i would like to say here that the absence of a requirement for an external +5V supply does not appear to have any bearing on the issue.

HEy dude, thanks for suggesting me in this case, this is really very usefull information for me. but here still after this i am having question and this is there any adapter I can get to gain access to the drives so I can flash the firmware??? please reply me for this. and also tell me bakc if i need to access to a clariion array to do the firmware flash?? please reply me back for this. and thanks again for telling me about this all things. i am asking this all things because i have seen a Fibre channel 12v t-card adapters for sale, but here i am not sure that this will be able to do it though.

for your problem, i will suggest you to try with the flash in a CX expansion chassis, and also in your case, all Mode pages need to be reset to Generic as well. after trying with this all, you will be able to see it on a different bus. and after this, you need to take it back to 512 byte and format. try with this, i am sure that with this you will not get any problem.

friend, let me tell you here that you are having Clariion disks, and I have had nothing but hope that you will be able to modify the drivers for the Storedge A5200 arrays, good luck for that. and also reply me back if you are possible to do that things. let me tell you here that i am running with now in two arrays with various firmwares, including 6A16 and after that also i am getting that this all runs very well. and also some of them are 12v only disks, some not. before this all, i ws having the problem that is MX disks wreak havoc on the loops and at that time i get that i am not able to get one Fujitsu drive to spin up, but the Clariion disks are great. can you reply me back here that do they online in your array, if yes then reply me back about this.

hey thanks for telling me about this all things. still i am getting the same problem even after trying whit the suggestion which you have given here. but thanks for that.