Thread: After defragmenting momentous XT of Seagate windows application started freezing.

After defragmenting momentous XT of Seagate windows application started freezing.

Well I brought this XT drive few weeks ago everything was fine till few days back but the system performance had reduced a bit so I thought defragmentation could help it get back to normal.
    It took almost 4 days to complete that which was seriously horrible. After that I was expecting a lot of change in its performance but that didn’t happen in fact I started getting more and more problem.

Re: After defragmenting momentous XT of Seagate windows application started freezing.

I don’t understand there are many more way to speed up your system defragment is the last option that is to be preferred when you want to tune up your system. You could have tried out some registry cleaner or can use disk cleanup or something like that.
    It’s so simple SSD drives are not meant for defragmentation so it’s damaged now contact Seagate and get a replacement for yourself.

Re: After defragmenting momentous XT of Seagate windows application started freezing.

The solid state hard drives are based on Adaptive memory technology. Now this memory is kind of reserved space on the drive to increase the performance. The applications that you use more frequently are been added to it and when you need it’s instantly accessible. When you defragmented the hard drive you messed up with this memory so I don’t think there is a proper solution for it. Try reinstalling windows and try working see if hard drive has not been damaged.

I tried reinstalling the way you said but things are not working the problem remain the same. What should I do please help I don’t want that I go to the Seagate guys and they me that you will have to buy a new hard drive as I have just brought it.

Well don’t work because its not your fault at all it’s a utility in windows that you have used its just that the hardware is not made compatible with that feature.
    Even the latest version of windows has the feature so Seagate people should have taken care of it while making the hardware you can just go and ask the people to replace the same they will surely do it for you.