Thread: Seagate Momentus XT 500GB ST95005620AS is causing Asus G73JW in to Stuttering

Seagate Momentus XT 500GB ST95005620AS is causing Asus G73JW in to Stuttering

I have recently bought a Asus G73JW and it is having Seagate Momentus XT 500GB ST95005620AS and the problem that I have started facing with it is that it is Stuttering a lot whenever I am playing any videos or games other than that it works fine. I thought that the problem might be with the files but then I found that that’s not the reason because my other computer is playing the same files without any problem. I have been facing for games like skyrim. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Seagate Momentus XT 500GB ST95005620AS is causing Asus G73JW in to Stuttering

Even I have been facing the same issue since a week and it happened to appear suddenly and i was not having the same problem before and it was working fine, even I am having the same laptop. I have tried to find out the cause for the same and I have not yet found it out. I have found some people saying that they have faced the same problem and the problem is disappearing after a firmware update but then I did the same and it is not working out for me. If anyone has a solution to get rid of this then please share it will be highly appreciated.

Re: Seagate Momentus XT 500GB ST95005620AS is causing Asus G73JW in to Stuttering

Hey friends before I suggest you anything I will like to know your configuration and also the original firmware version of your drive and if you have updated the firmware then mention it version, if it is possible then you can also provide a report from the hd tune. Just try to provide the above details for further help.

Hey friends before I suggest you anything I will like to know your configuration and also the original firmware version of your drive and if you have updated the firmware then mention it version, if it is possible then you can also provide a report from the hd tune. Just try to provide the above details for further help.
    • Nvidia - GTX460M (285.62 Driver)
    • Intel i7 Quad Core 1.73GHz
    • 6GB DDR3 SDRAM - 1333 MHz
    • 500GB 7200RPM Momentus XT (Originally-25 version,upgraded-28 version)
    • Windows 7 64bit Home Premium Sp1

I also wanted to know I am aware of the HDTune but then what all do you need in the smart report?

I will like to share that I was having the same problem on my Alienware and even I was trying out a no of solution but then at the last I found that the problem was because of the bad connection with the drives, even though there are less chances of this but then it is possible. So before trying out a no of solution I will suggest you to check out the connectors, better just reseat them and also make sure that there is no kind if loose connection and they are having proper contact. Other than that to be at the safred side you can also check out if there is a connector or pin. If that’s not the case then you can surely try out the solutions that you want but just check it out and see if you are having the same case as that of me. Best of luck.

I think that trying out the HD Tune is a complete waste of time in fact I will say don’t go for it at all because I have fund that this software is just to set up / optimized for use with hybrid drives and I think that using them may cause kludging up the flash cache on the XT and I have also found that it conflicts the algorithm which us required to deal with the SSD cache. I have found a no of people who have resulted in to more problems after trying it out. I will really nor recommend you to use it and I think that using it just for problems with stuttering is really not a good idea. I will like to know that if you have made any recent changes.

As far as I remember I have not made any changes or I have not changed any kind of settings as well, I have been just browsing and playing games. This problem appeared to occur suddenly and to work I have tried out the following:
    • Tried to use windows defrag tool.
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the games with which I am facing problem.
    • Updated the firmware to version to v28
    • Used windows update to get other updates as well.
    • I have now opened it up and I have checked the connectors as well and they are appearing to be working well.

Before I suggest you something I just want to know that have you install the drive in a clean os that you are using? Or you have just tried to clone with some tools like Acronis and all, if you have not installed it on a clean os install then this could be one of the cause of it, even thought there are very less chances of the same but then it is possible. The other thing that I want to share that if you are using a dual drive RAID then this can also be the cause of this problem. So just give me answer for the above questions for further help.