Thread: Missing Netflix and Hulu Services in WD TV Live

Missing Netflix and Hulu Services in WD TV Live

i just newly get the WD TV Live from canada and there no Netflix and Hulu Services listing under the service menu. so is this my WD TV Live model is none north american model? please someone help me. this is really annoying, i really not understand this.

Re: Missing Netflix and Hulu Services in WD TV Live

I have Live And boxes in use & a 1st Gen box. I have of my And boxes running the LXWDTV custom firmware so I do know my way besides these units. The box was factory sealed. I have reflashed with one.03.10 & reset to death. In the Services screen , there is only 14 selections obtainable. The missing are Blockbuster, CinemaNow, Hulu And, Netflix, & Pandora. All US based services except for Netflix which is now allowed in Canada.

The SMPs use GeoLocating to determine which services are available where. It sounds like your IPs may be getting indications of NOT being in Canada or something. Either way, WD needs to look into it.

I can confirm that it is not the ip address as I live in eastern Canada & I bought the American version. After two upgrades to the firmware I still have all those services on my box. You get a message that some services are not available outside the US but they are still in the list of services. I think they intentionally left those apps out but likely made the error of not knowing that Netflix is available in Canada.

one have suggested that you install directly to a computer touch screen in the living room, others advised the little box of Western Digital, or even the Apple TV (to me, that the Cupertino company will not miss I can see with binoculars!). But none of these solutions satisfy my requests: streaming from the Internet (Amazon Video, Hulu Plus, Netflix and so on) on local and network TV in the living proof of friend.

anyone can publish a new channel to be added to their schedule. The only thing missing YouTube because Google, after a trial launch, has decided not to grant access rights to their service ( For the rest of the international TV (obviously miss Italy), webtv, NASA, the U.S. news conferences TED and much more. For us time, we could spend the whole day without feeling the slightest lack of normal TV. Especially for those who have Netflix or Hulu Plus.

Netflix Announced thats it is streaming service was now available in Brazil bringing the the streaming content provider offerings to South America for the first time. The last year Has Been a massive for Netflix, All which was only in the U.S. to start. The company rolled out Internationally HAS in a massive way and is continuing to do so.