Thread: unable to connect Maxtor 1TB harddisk to PC?

unable to connect Maxtor 1TB harddisk to PC?

hi i bought a new 1TB max tor HDD's for the external use. i am using USB 2.0 to connect the desktop. it get me irritated while try so many times but unable to use this HDD's in my PC having a windows vista when i am trying to boot so it will be either it will be entirely unreadable or some of the parts it will be unreadable. so when power OFF and ON again then the system will as usual so any one now what the issue so suggest me?

re: unable to connect Maxtor 1TB harddisk to PC?

so know about the sea gate product that which i am using from last 5 to 6 years and always prefer first sea gate HDD's only. so i not able to understand what the actual issue. so i thought that problem has been get due to usb which is may be not supporting.

yeah i am having the same two another drives which can be connect and maintaining the data also and the operating system that i am using that is also be same that window vista in my laptop. and also when friend getting this issue i suggest them and they just change the cable wires and after that will be working fine.so i want to say that try to change the cable wire or or might be your usb having the problem.

oh that you have the problem for the usb cable that so i want say that you might be seen that cable which is slight thicker then your cable. and that cable can be in black wire. so might be you will be try it would be get you a help.

hi i appreciate your reply that it would be help full for me that i am complete frusted from just to put the wire-in or out that cable which i am using is not perfect and it is not working that this get the advice from the sea gate/max tor website then after i will be able to connect.

when are you try connect with a correct step after that which you are using 1TB it can uses as 2 and if you are using 500 GB drive that will be as one. that you may be having the system aware of strip system. so might be able to do and might be continues with a external drivers. or other devices backup may be continued and can be able to use only for the copy of the data.

i thought that i am also getting the similar issue that actually i am having 1TB basic drive before some days has been when i am trying to connect this hard disk i may occur some sound and unable to copy any of the file from the hard disk so i don't know what reason that consistently getting the type of problem.when i am get this issue i think that i am having the problem on my PC so i tried on more than 5 to 6 PC only to check whether the problem in hard disk or in my PC so continuously i get the trouble for the external HOD'S and that was not at all did i get any solution.

Already have the issue about the sound which you has been getting on your max tor 1TB HDD's. so i am also get this type noise issue but that can be solved that i done a my office space to be clean up after then doing some whirring and put it correctly and after then i will be correctly set the usb cable wire so now that sound has been stop. so that LED at the front side that will be never came on the driver and doesn't support to communicate with a PC which is running a windows Xp. that will be appear and cannot be boot itself. so not able to get out to the solution and missing a lots of the important information about the driver so does any help did i get that can be appreciated

I thought that problem does that are facing is on the max tor 1TB HDD's only but when i am having more than 1.5TB HDD's. That i brought around 6 to 7 day has been left that time is working fine and also i put the data around 1TB so when i just switch the PC ON that i was unable to found any driver so i just try with mac book with mac OS but that is also unable to find any success.so device manager could not found any of the data.so that may be i have been lost around 1 TB of the data.

Re: unable to connect Maxtor 1TB harddisk to PC?

Does anyone now why Maxtor 1TB hard disk unable to connect with PC. when i bought this HDD's on that day it is working fine i download and make copied to Max tor HDD's around 800 GB.i don't known after 15 day that is showing that unable to connect with a PC. i tried in more then five PC the message will be the same.