Thread: Mod USB 3 connecting to HDD on Sony VAIO Z

Mod USB 3 connecting to HDD on Sony VAIO Z

i purchase Sony VAIO Z laptop and i found Mod USB 3 ports on it. I wish to use this port for connecting my secondary hard disk drive to motherboard of this laptop. i hope that this will be easy for me and it never needs any additional cable or something else. It was fairly easy to wire in instead of doing some major changes on it. Should i use this USB 3 or the spare mini-PCIe connector for making the connection with HDD and motherboard. Can anybody explain what should i do that works well on it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: Mod USB 3 connecting to HDD on Sony VAIO Z

In such situations as per my own experience, you can go with this spare mini-PCIe connector. this is well for you to attach your additional hdd inside laptop. it works to make good connection with motherboard and mobo also works more comfortably whenever it does interactions with hdd. try this and hope that you got the best result on your system. this is well for you to get the correct result on your system. try this and check its valuable result on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymavath View Post
    In such situations as per my own experience, you can go with this spare mini-PCIe connector. this is well for you to attach your additional hdd inside laptop. it works to make good connection with motherboard and mobo also works more comfortably whenever it does interactions with hdd. try this and hope that you got the best result on your system. this is well for you to get the correct result on your system. try this and check its valuable result on it.
    the same laptop i used and i also make this connections. i use eSATA expresscard for doing connection between secondary HDD and motherboard. Now both are work ok without any doubts. you can try it on your laptop system. ESATA really comes in handy when there's a lot of data to be transferred and most importantly it Supports data transfer rate up to 3.0Gb/s. Hence i think this is best for you to get best result at the time of data transfering on your laptop system.

While the mentioning USB 3.0 connector is also best option here if the HDD supports it. THis USB port works to make connection on running time as well as on rebooting time, if the HDD contains plug and play facility. you need to do this task and check its result on your system. I imagine that this will be work to fix your complex issue.

you can use PhotoFast GM3000EX USB 3.0 Laptop PCI-Express Card. This card makes it very easy to connect your HDD with this motherboard without doing any additional task on it. This is well for you to fix your complex issue on it. Try this and check what things happen on it. the ExpressCard Host that allows upgrades any laptop computer to the newest technology based hardware connectivity. In your case, connecting HDD works well without doing any additional installation on it. It makes you connect kinds of USB peripheral instantly and conveniently. IF your selected HDD works comfortably with USB 3.0 then you haven't receive any problem on it. Hence as per my own experience you need to use this card and check its result on your Sony VAIO Z laptop.

yes, i also faced similar problem on my laptop and most importantly, when i use this PhotoFast GM3000EX USB 3.0 card on my laptop, it helps me to connect external HDD. i never do any driver installation task on it, after making this connections. This is well for me and it will be work to provide additional storage space for my laptop system.

Quote Originally Posted by Faiyaz9 View Post
    yes, i also faced similar problem on my laptop and most importantly, when i use this PhotoFast GM3000EX USB 3.0 card on my laptop, it helps me to connect external HDD. i never do any driver installation task on it, after making this connections. This is well for me and it will be work to provide additional storage space for my laptop system.
    WIth the help of such USB 3.0 PCI-Express Card, you can achieve data transfer performance far exceeding any Notebook hard drive performance. Its better for notebook and the HDD to make connection without any external task on it. I hope that you got best data transfer rate after making this connections. for connectivity of the express card with hdd, you can use manual of the card.

Quote Originally Posted by fflygirl View Post
    WIth the help of such USB 3.0 PCI-Express Card, you can achieve data transfer performance far exceeding any Notebook hard drive performance. Its better for notebook and the HDD to make connection without any external task on it. I hope that you got best data transfer rate after making this connections. for connectivity of the express card with hdd, you can use manual of the card.
    You can also use AKE USB 3.0 card or the flush express card to do this connectivity. You can find this card on several online retail sites. try to visit that site and get more informations about it. this is well for you to fix such kind of complex issue.

With the growing popularity of USB 3.0 SuperSpeed interface, you can use this simple things to make such interface. This is well for you to fix your complex issue. Such USB 3.0 express card Support Super-Speed 5Gbps, High-Speed 480Mbps, Full-Speed 12Mbps. Hence for data transfer point of view this is also very well. You definable get the good response on it after making this combination.