Thread: Is it possible to use 2 Power supplies?

Is it possible to use 2 Power supplies?

I move toward constructing a particularly special fenced in area that incorporates the utilization of a 'Pico PSU' that has max 160W but I'm pretty confident this might not probably run the MB-CPU AND a discrete design card. So the concern is. Do you know assuming that it could be satisfactory to catch in a 2nd Pico PSU dedicated to capacity the illustrations card? My concerns falsehood in the way that the PCIe X16 opening will give the capacity from the essential PS and the second PS will be giving capacity to the 'Aux' capacity connector on the card. Clash possibly?

Re: Is it possible to use 2 Power supplies?

The essential brainstorm is having the film card mounted outside of the case utilizing a flex PCIe link and to have at any rate the CPU fan jutting but probably likewise an exceptional piece of the HS moreover outside. Just for cooling obviously on account of the 'case' could be structure fitted around the MB with enough vent for chipset.

I did thought about over utilizing standard ATXs but I need to keep the PS outside hotness and to minimize wires. A debt of gratitude is in order regarding the prescription however. I grasp I still need to have the unmanageable ACDC block but the Pico connect-to is sexy estimate-quick for the super humble walled in area I conceive You know. I actually considered something. Possibly I am able to tap off the block's 12V include and guide that straight to the video card.

This brainstorm of a modified ultra-modest nook sounds totally enticing, but precisely how modest is it true that we are comparing notes regarding? The territory of an ITX motherboard, and actually thick enough to fit a SSD, a level profile cooler and RAM modules? This totally requires a "venture string". I think there shouldn't be any issues with one PSU powering the PCIe space and an additional giving outer capacity, the GPU unequivocally takes what it requires.

Provided both capacity supplies are running genuinely, that might as well work actually fine. The motherboard gives every last trace of the info, the PCI-E reciprocity perfectly joins current. In any case, how both PSU's turn on with the capacity bind is something to mull over.. Regarding it is usally run from the motherboard's principle capacity plug,of which a single PSU might be joined.

With the exception of the idea is to mount the ssd outer in addition. A particularly tight aluminum plates nook with the CPU cooler projecting out, the motion picture card mounted somehow to the outside and somewhat secured, and the ssd mounted to the outside moreover. I conjecture this could be troublesome and unmanageable at the very most. You got me re-deduction the PS issue. Associating the block's 12V coordinate to the film should not work resulting from the fact that capacity will invariably be there unless I unplug it.

Yes, reasonably what you feel a distinct desire to do will work no situation. The just genuine electrical issue that I am able to see could be to verify that both PSUs offer the same ground or a few that are exceptionally shut in potential. What amount of work it'll every be rely on how classy you feel a distinct desire to make it. Since you are OK with having several capacity switches, all you ought to do is wire up a switch that bounced PS_ON bind 16 on the ATX connector to ground on your helper PSU. Then unequivocally do beyond any doubt to flip that switch before you turn the principle PC on. A more classy key could include a transfer that begins both PSUs synchronously.

The following trial might as well be to see if the 16A ACDC piece resolution all items. Unfortunately I'm deduction OC'ing should possible not be conceivable but it should be tested. I've requested every last trace of the parts not counting the movie card, I'll attempt my present 5770 to see assuming that it will go with just 1 Pico PSU at min stacking. I've begun to robust model the case with the parts and its looking similar to the 'frame fitting' is a no head over but its beginning to look similar to a little solid shape driven chiefly receivable to film card.

Speedier RAM won't help Sandy Bridge appearance enough to matter. Run with some RAM such as this Kingston flat profile so it doesn't piece wind current or unite more space/weight versus some "gaming" RAM with enormous heatspreaders. You would be able to utilize the stock cooler for a 4GHz overclock. Spare some cash and take up less space.

Utilizing several Pico PSUs denotes you will have several capacity blocks. In reality, in light of the fact that they are 12v capacity blocks and the 6-bind connector on illustrations cards ONLY give 12v, you are able to detour the second Pico PSU and actually utilize one Pico PSU and several capacity blocks, with one somehow acclimates to the PCIe 6-bind connector. I could envision that to be simple to finish, without needing to do anything uncommon subsequent to the capacity blocks are consistently powered. The framework still won't turn on and draw capacity until you hit the capacity switch. At any rate in hypothesis.