Thread: Is BSNL modem UTStarcom WA3002G4 a 'non-UPnP' device?

Is BSNL modem UTStarcom WA3002G4 a 'non-UPnP' device?

I haven’t found UPnP listed anywhere in the setup of the modem and hence I want to confirm it from you all as if it is a 'non-UPnP' device or not. Please if anyone can check some details about this modem and revert back to me that would be better for me. So that’s what I want to say here. Please do clarify about the said issue and then revert back to me as soon as possible that will be better for me. So that’s what I want to say here. Please do reply guys I am waiting for the response.

Re: Is BSNL modem UTStarcom WA3002G4 a 'non-UPnP' device?

It all depends on the version that you are using, so that’s what I am saying here. just ensure that you Look for the button in menu page. Enter 192.168.1.1/main.html and admin as your password. So do have a check about the same. I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you.

I haven’t understood what version are you talking about. It would be better if you can explain me in brief what exactly are you talking about here that would be better for me so that’s what I want to say here. I hope you might have understood what I have said here, that’s it from my side for you. Please do reply dude.

Dude all that information you will find it once you are there in the lan page. So first go to the lan page and start deriving all the information from there that would be useful for you. So that’s what you should be checking out first and then jump to some other conclusion. First go to the lan page and then follow all the instructions that I have given in the first page that’s it from my side for you.

Ok this is what I have found here
    BoardID: 96338W
    Software Version: 1112_061507-3.08L.BSNL_02.
    Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-8.8
    Firmware Version: WA3002G4-0021.08
    Hardware Version: WA3002G4 1.0
    Model Name: WA3002G4
    Wireless Driver Version: 3.131.35.6.cpe2.0a.s
    Ok now what do you all have to say about the same. do you all have some replies for the same that would be better for me, so please do answer me out accordingly over here that would be better for me, that’s what I want to say here.

Your modem does have a UPnP option, though my advise would be to not to make use of that options as it can give you some security concerns as well. So that’s why it is always better for you to just avoid that’s what I want to say here. however if you are so concerned about making use of it then I would say that check pages on the left hand side menu on modem home page. That would be the best method for you to have a check about the upnp option, so that’s what I want to advise do check that accordingly.

Dude I did have a check about the same in the web and I was not able to find anything about the same. it seems that BSNL people have changed their firmware version and hence that’s the reason why they are not showing it up here. don’t know what can be the problem here. so can you all please tell me as if what can I do over here. I want the UPnP option to gain remote access to my machine through the internet, that’s what I am thinking here but I am not able to do that, can you all please tell me what to do. I am waiting for the response from your side, I am waiting for the help from you all.

Ok then do a firmware upgrade that would be a best option for you to try with. So do give a try for the same I am sure that it will help you, rest I don’t have any solutiosn for you.

Dude from what information I have got right now all I can say is that UpNp option is available in the Software Version: 3.12L.BSNL_01.A2pB023k.d20k_rc2 of the modem. So in case if you want your modem to get upgraded then check out for the following software and then only upgrade it.

Ok thanks a lot for the information that you all have given here, appreciate the work that you have made here, so thanks a ton for the same. that’s what I want to say here. I will surely have a go through to all the steps that you have mentioned here and I will let you know if that worked for me.