Thread: unable to hear audio out of headphone socket in OS X Lion

unable to hear audio out of headphone socket in OS X Lion

After installing OS X Lion I am unable to acquire audio from the headphone output, inserting headphones and the audio just keep playing through the speakers. In system Preferences headphone jack is not listed as an output option, only internal speakers?

Re: unable to hear audio out of headphone socket in OS X Lion

I am also facing exactly similar trouble. I upgraded to OS X Lion and attempt to make use of my headphones, however it is unable to work anymore. I also tried two dissimilar headphones, which were operational before, and have the similar trouble. Also, as you mentioned, System Preferences / Sound / headphones output is not exhibit as an alternative, only internal speakers. This seems to be a bug with Lion.

I have the identical difficulty after upgrading to OS X Lion. No sound output from the audio port - it seems that the port is not merely familiar when a plug is inserted.

I have the contradictory trouble. After upgrading to Lion, My Headphone is working absolutely fine. However my internal speaker on my MacBook Pro is unable to function, I am not able to see the speaker in system preference don’t know how to fix this trouble.

I have the similar trouble; I'm actually annoyed with this new software OS X Lion Why I cannot visualize that these error before selling the product.

I believe I establish an answer to this trouble. Go to Applications / Utilities / Audio MIDI Setup / Built-In Output / out and alter the default format of the 2 channels of 24-bit integer to any other format (eg, 2-channel 32-bit-float). This should enable the headphone jack. I moved back to the format of the original configuration of 2-channel and whole-24 headphones continued to work. So it seems that (for some reason) the original default settings do not recognize a headset is inserted, however after doing this "adjustment" that seems to reason and behave properly thereafter

No, does not work. My trouble is NO AUDIO DEVICES IN THE SYSTEM. I tried to alter the midi output, although there is nothing, for the reason that my PC does not distinguish any audio output. This is an i7 iMac 2010 and audio was functioning appropriately till yesterday

My trouble was this: my speakers worked fine, however when I plugged in my head phones, ear volume was ordinary and the other was extremely quiet, although when I followed the recommendation above, I found the correct channel and was turned down actually low. I'm assuming the lion update twisted somewhat

Similar matter here. After updating to OS X Lion, I have not been able to make use of headphones. The audio does not transform over the speakers. One explanation to this would be to a great extent esteemed.

I `m having the similar trouble on my MacBook pro 2009. I tried a couple of earphones and none of them will be predictable. on the other hand, there is no trouble when using headphones or iphone iBeats. It seems that the PAM will merely distinguish the headset with a microphone. I noticed that these headphones have three of these black circles in the plug, and standard headphones only have two.

It seems that if you have a usual stereo plug (the one with two pegs, in contrast with three of the iphone headphones) will be capable to only decide between an external input and external production.

So to acquire the job of external output, go to "System Settings" -> "Sound" and then on the bottom, set "make use of audio port" sound output.