Thread: Tascam US -800 is unable to work properly in OS X Lion

Tascam US -800 is unable to work properly in OS X Lion

I bought a Tascam US-800 interface for audio / MIDI to replace the US-122 that stopped functioning when I installed lion.

I'm using it with Garageband. It works fine the first time you start / restart the computer, but when I return to it after a while, does not work. Neither audio nor MIDI work. If I disconnect the USB and plug the 800 U.S. It fades away from both Preferences and does not return to a full system reboot. Does anybody else have this trouble? Anyone here who can assist me to overcome this trouble.

Re: Tascam US -800 is unable to work properly in OS X Lion

No, you're not alone! I'm in the similar condition. Not a trouble with GarageBand, is a trouble with OS X Do not observe it as audio device.

Well, I'm not certain that getting another of the same model would resolve the trouble. I'm pretty certain it's a driver matter.

When connected however not functioning, the control panel has the "digital lock" enlightened. It is lit when operating in general. I'm not using any of the digital in or exits and played with the clock settings, although without achievement. Perhaps I will write to the Tascam

Looks like a driver matter. Although I think that if it were a driver matter would be more people irritable. Certainly.Will wait for the fix

A proposal for Tascam tech support, I connected MacBook and run Tascam in os x lion and could not reproduce the trouble. I'm not certain why I left. I'm calling the service once more today and observe if they have any thought. I reinstalled the driver; nevertheless I'm having the similar trouble in the Mac Beyond that, I'm not convinced what to do.

Another thing I should have thought to do before: to repair permissions, reboot, and so far the US-800 is running effortlessly, even after spending all night. Give that a shot.

Attempted repairing permissions

Code:
    Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” 

has been modified and will not be repaired.

I'm running a 27 "iMac Core i73.4Ghz with Lion 10.7.1 and just got my US-800 yesterday and am having the similar trouble. It works extremely well, sometimes, other times entirely unknown by the system.

My accomplishment was short-lived. It worked properly for a couple of days, and then started the similar performance. I corrected the permissions once more, but no dice.

This is extremely annoying, although it seems that only happens in extremely uncommon cases. I wish we could reduce the cause.

I just wanted to buy the U.S. Tascam 800, for the reason that I'm looking for an interface with 5 or more microphone inputs and thought it seemed right.

Have you had a trouble with OSX 10.6? Have you been able to resolve troubles with 10.7?

Since the 10.7.2 update, I've isolated the trouble .When I turn on the iMac, the operational interface with it as long as the team is not going to sleep. If I permit the PC to sleep, even with the US-800 is not connected; the interface will not be familiar with it once more until you reboot it. Since I put my PC to sleep each night, instead of turning it off, this is a problem. However at least it's conventional.