Thread: My APC Black UPS on Power Failure making click sounds

My APC Black UPS on Power Failure making click sounds

I have APC Black UPS 1.1 KVA. Instead of helping me it is irritating me! Often when the power failure occurs it starts making continuous sounds-clicking sound. With the click sound I can also see an Amber colored light is blinking with it. About the Green light it is steady. Also I would like to mentioned that I have an inverter installed in my home so when there is a power cut the UPS runs on inverter. Is this sound harmful for UPS? And Is this sound because of the Inverter? Please post your views.

Re: My APC Black UPS on Power Failure making click sounds

If you ask me than according to my knowledge This weird clicksound is due to the voltage that is stabilized by the UPS itself. This kind of noise or sound is a normal sound and happens usually when voltage stabilizers too especially. There is no need to worry as your UPS is working fine.

I think when the capacity disappointment happens, you get your alternate capacity from inverter. APC UPSs are composed to just embrace Sine Wave Power, when the Inverter attempts to food it Digital/Simulated sine wave capacity, it attempts to uplink the capacity to a sine wave and along these lines the enduring clicking sound. Don't fear its a known issue with APC UPS and Non SineWave enter capacity if plausible, disengage UPS from Inverter whenever Power Failure or make a Ra w Power Line from the mains which isn't joined to the Inverter.

Consistent with me its not feasible for me to detach the inverter to PC line. At the same time I think from now on I will turn the UPS prepare to leave switch OFF and give it a chance to run at its Backup, in that method I don't need to catch that bizarre regardless.

The Battery is Exide 800W unified with Luminous inverter. I'll attempt to transfer the specs provided that I recognize it. Today a bizarre happened. Capacity fell flat, again,I right away turned off the UPS slat switch to spared it the time to work in Backup mode and likewise to don't let my inverter to control the PC and UPS but following 5-6 seconds while PC moved toward getting turned off with ceaseless beep sound from the UPS, which I speculate is the level electric cell sound warning. I haven't utilized any Backup from my UPS which would be able to create release of electric cell. Now I am giving it a 6 hours charge again. Lets see what happens following, BUT today's occurrence was unequivocally bizarre.

It's not feasible for to make a crude line from principle. However I've chosen that I'll let the UPS to head off to Backup mode when Power inadequacy will happen, then I'll turn the PC off. That would be preferred I surmise.

I have a PC at my home and in my residential area power cut off is usual so I have APC 1.1KV UPS and I newly acquired an inverter to alternate my computer as well. The inverter is Luminous SineWave 1.5 KV model.Whenever the present switches to inverter my UPS click sound as you declared and the UPS close down when it looses its backup support.This is quite pestering. I was prescribed to connect my Computer without the UPS and it works well that way. In any case I am still agonized over why this is event. I feel Luminous SineWave is adequate 4 the UPS.