Thread: Dell Dimension E520 unable to recognize Samsung SATA HDD

Dell Dimension E520 unable to recognize Samsung SATA HDD

I'm trying to reinstall the operating system on my Dimension E520. The operating system (Windows) does not distinguish Samsung SATA hard drive in it. Samsung does not have the drivers on your site and discharges into the Dell site do not correspond with the hard disk that came with my machine (search by service tag number). Anybody have any thought where to discover the drivers for the hard drive?

Re: Dell Dimension E520 unable to recognize Samsung SATA HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Rustagi View Post
    I'm trying to reinstall the operating system on my Dimension E520. The operating system (Windows) does not distinguish Samsung SATA hard drive in it. Samsung does not have the drivers on your site and discharges into the Dell site do not correspond with the hard disk that came with my machine (search by service tag number). Anybody have any thought where to discover the drivers for the hard drive?

Drivers for SATA hard disk are included in the operating system. Why is the reinstallation of Windows, which replace the hard drive?As you do not include the operating system on your post, to see if this can help with resettlement.

i got similar trouble.I agree that the hard disk drivers are included in the operating system. However, when installing the operating system, I'm getting the famous BSOD and stop error that the operating system can not find a driver. All online searches in the Stop error (0xf789e63c, 0x0000007b) indicate a missing disk controller.

I am also facing exactly similar trouble i attempt to install Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Windows Server 2003 (x86) to no avail. They all come back with the identical fault. I'm changing due to a entire system failure on a dismachine and the need for a server operating system OS. My system originally came with no operating system, which previously had no difficulty installing Vista on the box. At this point, I just want to get something on the machine so you can get started.

A thought, I have removed all peripherals except the monitor, keyboard and mouse?A Stop error 0x0000007B also indicates that the unit damaged / failed hard.Observe if you will be capable to run the Dell diagnostics extended test on the hard drive, the Dell drivers and utilities that came with the computer package can be used for this.

I tried it with the original disk and a new SATA disk. I accquire the identical mistake with both. I have no other pc with SATA to test the drive, Nevertheless I would be extremely surprised if the new drive was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Woodley View Post
    I tried it with the original disk and a new SATA disk. I accquire the identical mistake with both. I have no other pc with SATA to test the drive, Nevertheless I would be extremely surprised if the new drive was bad.
    Attempt removing the battery on the motherboard and then replace it after 10 minutes to reset the BIOS values and Observer if it makes a difference. .Let me know if any more difficulty. I hope this will resolve your trouble.