Thread: slow internet speed with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 Bluetooth adapter

slow internet speed with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 Bluetooth adapter

HI, I have recently purchased Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth adapter for connecting my dell machine to internet but still I am not getting the speed which is promised that’s something up to 150 Mbps transmit/300 Mbps receive. Is there anybody having same hardware, please let me know how is performance of the same, so that I can figure out what could be the problem with mine. Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: slow internet speed with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 Bluetooth adapter

see I would like to make you aware as there could be so many reasons that could slow down the internet connection speed. No matter which router we are using and what they have promised about the speed ratio. Anyways can you please let me know what speed exactly you are having in your machine? Because It might be possible like you must be getting speed somewhat near the promised one but that’s quite usual. Because see whatever speed them mentioned on their website is the maximum speed they have counter ever, so it is not always possible to have that speed and obviously it depends on the plans as well that you have taken or activated from your ISP.

I have the same opinion as the above user but still I would like to recommend you that you should put emphasis to make sure about certain issues which are correlated with the internet speed.
    • Broadband Settings

• Interference to the Wireless Signal

• Malicious Software Programs

• Network Equipment Is Faulty

• You should make sure about all this factors and check where is the exact problem with the internet speed.

I don’t know what could be the reason you must be having which is causing lack in internet speed but still I would like to recommend you some of the way through which you can simply speed up your internet speed.

REDUCE THE WEB CACHE

CLEAR TEMP FILES

SPEED UP WEB PAGES

CONTROL YOUR ANTIVIRUS

I have don’t almost everything possibly known to me but still I am not able to get it what could be the problem with the internet connection.

well, as mentioned above there could be numerous reason can cause such problem with the machine and one of them is like If Your Computer Runs Slow Your Internet Will Be Slow for sure, thus you should make sure about that as well. And again with the computer as well there are many reasons for why a computer runs slow, they are just mentioned below.

• Browser Hijacks

• Spy-ware Installed

• Start Up Of Your PC or Laptop Is Overloaded

- I would like to recommend you that you should try to contact your ISP for the further information regarding the same if you are still not getting the desired speed.

See I don’t know which browser you are using for browsing the internet, but as far as I know Firefox browser is the best one you can have for better internet speed, see I have mentioned TIPS FOR FIREFOX BROWSER.

- First type “about:config” into the address bar and strike return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:

network.http.pipelining network.http.proxy.pipelining
    network.http.pipelining.maxrequests

- And as you got the entries modify the entries as follows:

Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true

Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true

Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

- Finally, right-click the blank space and choose "fresh" and select Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and put its value to “0″. This value is the amount of time the browser waits previous to it acts on information it acceptance.

see it might be possible as mentioned above your computer must be affected through the Virus and that’s why the operating system you have installed in your machine might have been corrupted thus after doing such configuration if you are getting none variation then you can have option to get the windows reinstalled in your computer or simply contact any good engineer for the same and get the issue resolved.