Thread: HP officejet 5510 - Printing in Fast Draft has disappeared

HP officejet 5510 - Printing in Fast Draft has disappeared

I buy this HP officejet 5510 all in one printer in last month. I have seen lot of features of this printer. I specially mention “Fast Draft” option that would allow for saving ink. Now when I see this option on my printer setting, this option disappeared. What would I do that works to fix these complex troubles? I already try so many things about it but it can’t work at all. I am using a MacBook, Mac OSX 10.5.8. Can somebody help me to fix this issue? Help please…

Re: HP officejet 5510 - Printing in Fast Draft has disappeared

Such all-in-one printer needs proper setup and installation before use. You'll go through are setting up the actual printer and install proper software that works to easily access its featurs onto your Mac OS X system. Then only you can get its full features onto your system. Hence process is being simple. Try to reinstall software and driver of your system. This will be work to fix your complex trouble. You can also do this process on online manner with the help of third party as well as official site.

Fast draft is really good option for this all in one printer. It had been printing very quickly but now is barely moving. With the help of this option, we can directly load all the printing martial to this draft and then use this draft for printing the document in fast manner. Missing this option might be trouble for this fast printing process. Yes you need to apply some meaningful process that works to see this option/

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaGeek View Post
    Fast draft is really good option for this all in one printer. It had been printing very quickly but now is barely moving. With the help of this option, we can directly load all the printing martial to this draft and then use this draft for printing the document in fast manner. Missing this option might be trouble for this fast printing process. Yes you need to apply some meaningful process that works to see this option/
    I also knows that this fast draft option is being really helpful and hence first I suggest to you try installing latest printer driver onto your mac system. After installing this latest printer onto your system, just reboot it. so, the latest printer will be start working it helps to interact with all the hardware of the printer and computer. Especially it works to interact the printer CPU with the cache memory. With the help of this printer buffer a.k.a. cache memory; you can access this option onto the setting menu.

Quote Originally Posted by fflygirl View Post
    I also knows that this fast draft option is being really helpful and hence first I suggest to you try installing latest printer driver onto your mac system. After installing this latest printer onto your system, just reboot it. so, the latest printer will be start working it helps to interact with all the hardware of the printer and computer. Especially it works to interact the printer CPU with the cache memory. With the help of this printer buffer a.k.a. cache memory; you can access this option onto the setting menu.
    Let's reset the printing system using setting menu of printer. Then reboot your Mac OS X system. Try this and after that locate what result arrives onto it. it might be fix your problem.

I try this reset printing system option and after doing this process, I got perfect result on my Mac system. If you can't print to your printer and you've tried all other solutions, reset the printing system. Mostly it use when the printing option not work. But in this type of option missing state, it also work positively. For doing this resetting printing system, follow below mentioned steps:
    • Remove all queues and printing jobs.
    • Try to Resets all printer settings to their default stage with the help of deleting configuration files.
    • Do permissions check on the /tmp directory.
    • After doing all three steps, you found that the setting of your printer will be set to its default stage. Try this and check what result arrives onto it.

You can also try to remove all the content of the printer buffer. It is also known as cache memory. If we enable the fast draft option, lal the printing document moves to this buffer. After that if these buffer full such option missing issues arrives onto the system. You need to do this simple clear cache task on your Mac OS X 10.5.8 version. Then check the option is being available onto it or not. I faced similar type of problem and that time, the same clear cache option work to fix this issue.

You can also try below mentioned steps to do the resetting HP 5510 printer setting on this Mac OS X system. Follow below process:
    Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
    • Select menu-> View-> Print & Scan.
    • Long press Option key while clicking the "-" button.
    • That’s it. it set all the setting to its default stage on this Mac system.

Like yours my HP Officejet 5550 printer was working properly before the fault suddenly developed. But I never try any reinstallation driver or the resetting setting process onto it. I simply try to do the reboot system. That’s it. it works and in response I got this fast draft option on layout menu. You can also try this and check what happens.

When the HP Officejet 5550 printer ON, try to Select the power button. After that you need to press the resume button 4 times during holding the power button. Release the power button. It will be test all the setting of your printer. If anyone missing or not worked properly, it corrected it very well. Try this and check what happens onto it.

Thank you for the information. I tried your suggestion about the resetting setting. It works on my Mac system. Thanks again for your valuable solutions. This will be work to fix your complicated troubles. Hence I would be suggesting to those person who has been recently faced such issue. Try this and check what result arrives onto it.