Thread: If I press scan shortcuts on HP Officejet 7500, Scanner lost computer connection

If I press scan shortcuts on HP Officejet 7500, Scanner lost computer connection

I buy this HP Officejet 7500 All-in-one printer and now I am facing problem onto it. When I try to press the shortcut scanning button of this printer, it breaks computer connection and gives me error. In that error says the computer is not found (whichever one) despite them being on and ready. I use this printer with my Mac OS X based desktop pc. Hence need help that works to fix these complicated troubles.

Re: If I press scan shortcuts on HP Officejet 7500, Scanner lost computer connection

Quote Originally Posted by DayaA View Post
    I buy this HP Officejet 7500 All-in-one printer and now I am facing problem onto it. When I try to press the shortcut scanning button of this printer, it breaks computer connection and gives me error. In that error says the computer is not found (whichever one) despite them being on and ready. I use this printer with my Mac OS X based desktop pc. Hence need help that works to fix these complicated troubles.
    I'm curious, if you wait a bit longer after the error appears on the device, does the scan still start? If yes, connection of this printer with your computer has been really broken. In that case, you need to check connection.

Re: If I press scan shortcuts on HP Officejet 7500, Scanner lost computer connection

Quote Originally Posted by Hymavath View Post
    I'm curious, if you wait a bit longer after the error appears on the device, does the scan still start? If yes, connection of this printer with your computer has been really broken. In that case, you need to check connection.
    No, I try the solutions you mentioned and in result, the scan cancels after exactly 20 seconds as you suggest. I try to scan the email as well as pdf file but the same thing happen with it. can you specify what things happen onto it. I am waiting your valuable reply.

Quote Originally Posted by DayaA View Post
    No, I try the solutions you mentioned and in result, the scan cancels after exactly 20 seconds as you suggest. I try to scan the email as well as pdf file but the same thing happen with it. can you specify what things happen onto it. I am waiting your valuable reply.
    If this happen on your Mac system, I would be first suggest to trying to initiate a scan. In that scanning you can use the proper process for doing this task. Scanning will be work when the computer is being properly connected to this all in one printer. You need to first check the connection and after that try to begin this scanning task. This will be work to fix your problem. you can also Use OCR software here for doing this scanning task on your Mac system. Try this application and do scanning with the help of the all in one printer.

OCR is stand for Optical Character Recognition. It uses for converting scanned documents to editable MS Word, Excel, HTML or searchable PDF files. Hence I would be also think that this software makes an impact on your laptop system. Try to do this OCR software installation task on your system. This will be work to fix your complex issue. Simply do download and install setup files of software and then start this scanning process.

ABBYY FineReader 11 is OCR software for text recognition, which turns scans, PDFs and other editable files. I looked around for free OCR software, and was a little bit surprised that this application is being work really well for doing this scanning task with this Officejet 7500 printer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameli View Post
    ABBYY FineReader 11 is OCR software for text recognition, which turns scans, PDFs and other editable files. I looked around for free OCR software, and was a little bit surprised that this application is being work really well for doing this scanning task with this Officejet 7500 printer.
    If you already OCR type of application onto your Mac system and still you got this issue, I will recommend, locate Software Drivers & Downloads for your printer. This driver and support file of the printer you found in hp site. Try this and check its valuable details onto it. this is well for you and your printer for doing this scanning task in fast manner.

Hi, You may like to check whether there is any program such as, antivirus or firewall etc. blocking the scanner. This happens most of the time, few security applications might be try to avoid this process. Hence I would be say if such things happen, try to disable this application. It is helpful to you more. Try to disable this application for doing this scanning task, and then enable this application after finishing this scanning process. This is works to do this scanning task without facing any connection lost problem.

In very rare cases, might be possible that the hardware part of the printer not working correctly. You need to contact the hardware engineer for solving this hardware related issues. Try this if you think that the problem is being not from software and it is completely based on hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaGeek View Post
    In very rare cases, might be possible that the hardware part of the printer not working correctly. You need to contact the hardware engineer for solving this hardware related issues. Try this if you think that the problem is being not from software and it is completely based on hardware.
    I also faced similar type of problem and that time initially I try to do the software installation and printer driver update task. It then goes failure. After that I read your post and contact hardware engineer. Then hardware engineer. Hardware engineer help me to fix this complex issue. If you faced similar trouble, I also say that try to contact the hardware engineer and check its valuable result on your printer.

Quote Originally Posted by phunsuk View Post
    I also faced similar type of problem and that time initially I try to do the software installation and printer driver update task. It then goes failure. After that I read your post and contact hardware engineer. Then hardware engineer. Hardware engineer help me to fix this complex issue. If you faced similar trouble, I also say that try to contact the hardware engineer and check its valuable result on your printer.
    As per your suggestions, I contact the hardware engineer. Hardware engineer told me that the problem is related to scan shortcuts. Then he replaced the necessary parts onto this printer. This will be works well now. Thanks for your valuable reply.