Thread: HP truevision HD webcam showing very dark images

HP truevision HD webcam showing very dark images

I have just got the HP pavilion dv6-6135dx. After few weeks I have installed the HP truevision HD. After the completion of installation I have noticed that the system has encountered a virus. I somewhat removed it. Then I go for the BIOS update. After this even I have found that my webcam is showing very dark pictures. I have tried the different setting available in the webcam software but still the same.

Re: HP truevision HD webcam showing very dark images

For example with the same messenger, at least in the latest version, you can configure various aspects of this laptop in particular, sound and video settings. Upon reaching the video settings you press the button that puts you configure webcam and to park in typical zoom, brightness, contrast, saturation ... I hope I've been helpful

Webcams need more light than human eyes, for example. The better the subject is illuminated (for example, your face), the clearer and brighter the image of the webcam. In case of insufficient illumination of the subject image from the webcam is dark and grainy.
    • Illuminate the subject as much as possible: you will turn more lights and / or turn on lights dimmed.
    • Aim the light as possible on the subject and not the webcam.
    • Avoid backlight. If there is, for example, behind your head, a bright light source, this reduces the light sensitivity of the webcam, so your face appears dark. Turn off lights that are located directly behind you, or you move to another position, so that bright light (for example through a window) does not shine directly behind you.

The webcam will be turned off (and displays a black screen) when the measured light drops below a certain threshold. The webcam comes back, when more light is measured - but only when an upper threshold is reached, which may exceed the amount of light that is in the works before the webcam. The right figure is illustrative.

Your webcam uses the default settings; the stream is captured and transmitted directly without improvement (as if you did not have a graphic equalizer with your music player, the raw sound that comes out). You can adjust this in most of the software using the webcam (aMSN, Skype, Ekiga ...).

What software do you use?

All webcams can record in the dark if there is an infrared lamp next to it. That's really not a problem.

But then you have someone like on film and what then? I think you better something of a motion detection event can set up an alarm beside your bed and if it sounds just sacrifice yourself and go out.

From memory the number of frames per second strong influence on the brightness.

I know which way, but I think from 25 frames per second to 12 frames per second provides a clearer picture. Or the opposite.

In manual mode to take pictures with brighter opening should be modified (at a lower opening number, the more light enters the camera), and obviously, also you have to change the exposure time, the problem there is that the greater exposure time, the more likely you blur the picture. Another factor is the ISO, the higher the ISO number of light sensitive, but the grainier the picture.

I have seen that does not depend on either the webcam driver, usb device recognized as video, because they are the same files on the computer where it works well. I also tried to overwrite the file but nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling codecs and video drivers but nothing. It seems to me now that obviously depends on the brightness of my monitor, I saw that those who receive the video signal type on msn, it gets too dark. You can see decently on my pc only through a program that allows you to take photos at 1.3 MP, but probably only because in that mode, the camera shutter remains open longer, and in fact the movements are not fluid. Unfortunately, this mode can only be used in the program, as in other chat programs and goes up to VGA resolution.

It is common beneath sunlight circumstances, except on one occasion I’m within a room its dark. I am really sick of this kind of webcam. Right now I am planning to move toward Logitech. I heard that they are offering a well built webcam for all kind of conditions.