Thread: Unable to print anymore from Epson Al-C1100 in Mac OS X Lion

Unable to print anymore from Epson Al-C1100 in Mac OS X Lion

My Epson AL-C1100 connected to my network from printing more than 2 weeks in the lion, all other Linux clients attached splendid work, configuring printers is the same on all machine so it must be related to the Epson printer v2.9 drivers, any suggestions? (Or a place where I can locate 2.8 to prove that)

Re: Unable to print anymore from Epson Al-C1100 in Mac OS X Lion

The best I will be able to say about the Epson drivers on the site, who have not updated their drivers for your printer model in more than a few years and they are not compatible with the operating system Lion. And if it was the Epson v. 2.9 of the driver and did not work, then an older version, as v. 2.8 definitely will not work.

Apparently, if you intend to keep in lion, then you will have to advance to a new-fangled model of printer that the manufacturer has produced a driver to support Lion

The printer is shown as the support. We have seen that the changes - either driver or operating system - can sometimes cause troubles. I recommend that you first attempt to remove the printer from printing preferences panel and scan and then read the printer.

If is not successful, attempt to reset the printing system as described in apple support website. Please send back with your results. There is at least one thing that may prove to be a bit more complicated

The printer has been working with Lion, although stopped a couple of weeks ago, watching my update history I observe that the Epson software has been updated to 2.9. so it could be the trouble or update 10.7. 2

I also tried to delete all folders related to Epson in my Library / Printers folder and the cache directory, installed the original 2.9 and the Epson driver (never had the impression that within the networks), but obviously none of which worked.

One option would be setting the Apple drivers or perhaps back to 2.8 if I could discover. Advocating a new-fangled color laser printer due to an update broke the driver is a bit silly in my opinion.

I am also facing this trouble. I did with Different drivers, after resetting the printing system to ensure that there is no age adjustment interferes.

I also tried adding the printer on the cups web interface and check the file / etc / cups / printers.conf created with my (working) Linux clients to facilitate the cups configuration was not a trouble.

This is strange that the version of printer driver has not changed. PPD v5.3 is in v2.8 and v2.9 both. I had a similar situation with my Epson (USB) driver version was the same, however, showed that an update was available. After installing Update v2.9 software, the install.log showed that the only thing that changed were some input / output. Of course, the printer may have had other changes. I do not observe any module E / S for network printing in the full download v2.9. I guess you are using the LPD standard in the printing system?

You can check the error log. Looking at the console in

Code:
    / var / log / cups / error_log.

"Printer not responding" is what makes sense to me. My printers.conf looks like this:

Code:
    <Printer AL-C1100>
    UUID urn:uuid:d8ad397a-71b6-3360-570e-0d1dd86a270f
    Info Epson AcuLaser 1100
    Location Op zolder...
    MakeModel EPSON AL-C1100
    DeviceURI lpd://192.168.2.212/lp
    State Idle
    StateTime 132222345
    Type 8425484
    KLimit 0
    OpPolicy default
    ErrorPolicy stop-printer
    </Printer>
    I have no idea, the only thing different in the configuration file for CUPS printing compared to my Linux clients is the input of the driver but the driver is called error_log and internal os x using cups is a little different of Linux.

In Linux I make use of the driver using the same URI Avasys exact as on the Mac (I've even tried, but unfortunately those containing a binary does not work, nevertheless they do on FreeBSD with Linux emulation)My firewall is disabled and the internal network that do not use any firewall. The test page is not the impression cups or, I Hook my Mac directly to rule out basic driver trouble. I know that when I bought the printer gave me some serious headaches in a USB device that was printing fine, but the network refused to print or through PTA, IPP or SMB.

Then managed to get it to work by adding a RAW format printer to my Linux server cups and participation, through samba, samba with the address of my Mac was the impression then (and I never take for granted and Epson drivers that work was original network printing), after a server upgrade I skipped that step and tried to remote LPD directly and in that time has worked well until a couple of weeks ago. So the network printing has always been a pain. Is there any way to make a console step by step to see where communication goes wrong?

Unfortunately, I observe where Avasys lets you download the source code that we could try on OS X. I still think that it is the Epson drivers, is communication with the printer.

I imagine you could make use of Wireshark to capture traffic. Would have to know what the correct package would be, however. I hope I could be more helpful, nevertheless I'm out of ideas right now.