Thread: Some keys not working in Lenovo USB with TrackPoint 55Y9053

Some keys not working in Lenovo USB with TrackPoint 55Y9053

I use Lenovo ThinkPad T400 notebook and now I am facing problem on its keyboard. There are some keys present on this keyboard system has been not doing any actions after pressing. As per title mentioned Lenovo USB with TrackPoint 55Y9053 keyboard is present onto it. windows 7 running on this netbook. My TrackPoint seem to work fine. Can anybody help me to fix this complex issue? Thanks.

Re: Some keys not working in Lenovo USB with TrackPoint 55Y9053

If in your Lenovo ThinkPad T400 is being not able to detect the hotkeys, you need to do some special task onto it. In that case, you need to install the Thinkvantage Communication Utility to use this function. To enable ThinkVantage Communications Utility, it is also required to install the Hotkey Features Integration for Windows 7. This is best for solving any kind of problems onto this laptop system and then you can access this keyboards hotkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by fflygirl View Post
    If in your Lenovo ThinkPad T400 is being not able to detect the hotkeys, you need to do some special task onto it. In that case, you need to install the Thinkvantage Communication Utility to use this function. To enable ThinkVantage Communications Utility, it is also required to install the Hotkey Features Integration for Windows 7. This is best for solving any kind of problems onto this laptop system and then you can access this keyboards hotkeys.
    I’m not talking about hotkeys in this issue. It's quite frustrating that basic keys like alphabet keys and return key won't work. I need perfect solutions over this issue that will be work to fix this basic keys not working problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecchumati View Post
    I’m not talking about hotkeys in this issue. It's quite frustrating that basic keys like alphabet keys and return key won't work. I need perfect solutions over this issue that will be work to fix this basic keys not working problem.
    I read so many articles about this issue and most of them are suggest to perform the keyboard driver reinstallation task. But even without drivers, the basic alphabet keys and returns key should work in windows 7. I’m pretty sure about that and hence I would recommend to you that find out perfect solutions over this issue. You can check that this keyboard keys are work properly on the other laptop system or not. In that case, you need to just try to connect this keyboard to Dell Optiplex 755 system. This testing gives you the actual problem is in which device, keyboard or OS of the laptop.

I also faced similar kind of problem. In that case, when I press basic alternate keys on this keyboard, it doesn’t work. Then I try to simply do the virus scanning process with the help of antivirus. In that case, I would be suggesting to you that try to do this simple task and check what result arrives onto it. it works and it clean all the virus present on this system. Now my keyboard works with functioning all the keys. Hence I would be say that try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.

I have tried default drivers, drivers on the CDs, which is also called as motherboard CD. This will be work in response that the providing the support driver of the keyboard. I try this installation driver process and it works. It quite works some time and you can also try this simple thing. It May be possible that it will be fix your keys not working problem.

Not sure why it is happening on your machine, but they work fine on my Dell Precision Desktop pc. I would be think that you can also try this thing on other laptop and if it not works then try to replace it with new keyboard. This is better for your complicated system.

Yes, this replacement of the keyboard is most of the time works when such keys not working propery. Otherwise the manufacturer will be providing some kind of information which helps to do this process for fixing the issue. I would be say that try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto your laptop system. This information helps to you for fixing the complicated troubles.