Thread: Cannot use some keys of Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard with TrackPoint

Cannot use some keys of Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard with TrackPoint

I have bought Lenovo 55Y9003 keyboard and after that I have connected the keyboard with my Dell Optiplex 755 and after connecting the keyboard with my computer when I use the keyboard at that time I have noticed that some of the keys on my keyboard are not working.

Re: Cannot use some keys of Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard with TrackPoint

According to me you are facing this problem because you have not installed the drivers of the keyboard. You should first install the drivers of the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard and after installing the drivers of the keyboard you have to check whether all the keys are working fine or not.

Re: Cannot use some keys of Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard with TrackPoint

Yes if you have not installed the drivers of the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard then I think that is the reason behind this problem. First you have to insert the CD which comes with the keyboard and after inserting the driver CD in your computer you have to install the keyboard drivers and after installing the drivers of the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to check whether all the keys of the keyboard are working properly or not. as far as I know after installing the drivers of the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard your problem will get solved.

If installing the drivers doesn’t help you to solve this issue and if you are facing the same problem with the keyboard then I will suggest you to disconnect the keyboard from your computer and then connect it to different USB port and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

If you have installed the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard drivers already and then also same problem is occurring then you should uninstall the drivers from the computer first and after uninstalling the drivers you have to disconnect the keyboard and then connect it with your computer again and then install the drivers again. Now after reinstalling the drivers ion your computer your problem might get solved.

Connect your Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard with different computer and after connecting the computer with the different computer you have to check whether all the keys of the keyboard are working fine or not. if it is giving same problem with other computer also then there might be something wrong with the keyboard. If it is not giving you the same issue then problem can with your computer also.

Try this trick so you can come to know about the exact problem.

According to me you should try the drivers from the Lenovo web site. First you should visit the official site of the Lenovo and after that you have to find the drivers of the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard and after that download that drivers in your computer and after downloading the drivers in your computer you have to first uninstall the drivers which is previously installed and then restart the computer and then you have to install the new drivers and after installing the drivers check whether it works fine or not.

I hope your keyboard will work fine after trying this solution.

Well I have searched the solution on the internet to solve this issue and I have come to know that with the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard this problem occurs because when you connect the keyboard with the computer at that time number lock turns on automatically. Whenever you should connect the keyboard with the laptop at that time you should first turn off the number lock and after turning off the number lock use all the key on the keyboard and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Have you tried to fix this solution by reinstalling the USB drivers in your Dell Optiplex 755. If you have not tried then you should first reinstall the USB drivers in your Dell Optiplex 755.

After reinstalling the USB drivers you have to disconnect the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard and then connect it with your computer again and after connecting the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard you have to see what the situation is.

Reinstalling the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard drivers and trying the drivers from the official site of the Lenovo site also I get the same problem and after that I have also tried the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard with other machines and at that time also I get the same problem with the some of the keys on my keyboard.

Is there anything wrong with my Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard? Any help will be appreciated.

In this case I will suggest you to return the keyboard from where you have purchased and after that you have to tell them about the problem and replace the keyboard. I am telling you this because if problem doesn’t get solved even after reinstalling drivers and connecting with other machines then there is a possibility of having faulty keyboard.

Yes I will also suggest you the same. You should replace your Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard and after replacing the Lenovo ThinkPad 55Y9003 USB Keyboard you have to check whether all the things are working fine in new keyboard or not.