Thread: How to install RapidDrive in Lenovo K330 77274HU Desktop

How to install RapidDrive in Lenovo K330 77274HU Desktop

Recently I have purchased a K330 77274HU desktop from Lenovo. I really like this PC but the only thing lacking in it was a SSD. I would like to install one but it should be compatible with Rapid Drive technology. I hope that you all might be familiar with Lenovo Rapid Drive technology. Is there a suggestion of an SDD drive in support of this PC?

Re: How to install RapidDrive in Lenovo K330 77274HU Desktop

We absolutely wanted to have them except Intel does not provide support intended for mSATA SSD through the mobile chipsets anymore. Consequently, Lenovo stopped to present them at the instant. Immediately, it appears they are not capable to present RapidDrive technology.

Then there is no real Rapid Drive to include the fact that EE 2.0 and falls off on a new installation on the SSD.

Is it only a Software driver, as the writing itself, Lenovo also. So you can re-install the most simple, like a normal ThinkVantage drivers.

To the extent that we be familiar with the Intel 310 mSATA should work in any case in the W520. We might not check these our self. IT goes into the similar place like the WWAN card. Thus, you cannot have a integrated WWAN card if you previously have an mSATA drive in place. We indicate by "Intel does not give support" that makers will not obtain support from Intel for mSATA drives at the moment. That doesn't denote it's not functioning. We have no thorough information regarding this except almost certainly there are a few issues on some unusual configurations and so Intel will not entirely assign to this feature.

The X220 arrived; I opened it and installed the mSATA SSD. It works very good. At the moment I installed Ubuntu on it, I'm satisfied with its performance. I'll post some benchmark in the next days.

Lenovo aims to offer its innovative product, RapidDrive. The RapidDrive Lenovo wants to combine all in one hard drive and a solid state drive (SSD).The RapidDrive uses an interesting algorithm that can manage in a dynamic memory to optimize performance. Thanks to technology, RapidDrive is able to boot the system in no time. For example, on Windows 7 boot time is reduced to just 11 seconds. Lenovo combines SSD and HDD IdeaPad Y460 and the Y560 platforms. Other than this I didn’t see anywhere about this technology included.

Yes, it is true. Unfortunately, there is no accurate technical information. According to the information we have, it should be retrofitted, but we cannot tell you how. We ask once directly from Lenovo and ask for an opinion. Once we receive feedback, I rise again. However, this may take several days.

Exactly. New BIOS flash and then eventually take this TVT RapidDrive tool when it is finished. I hope this tool will transfer any SSD drives that it finds in the system. For example, a previously useless turbo memory or SSD-xpress card. Then one could, with smears, an SSD / HDD hybrid mixture have also in the older models. That would be awesome already!