Thread: How to update BIOS from a CD on Dell XPS 420

How to update BIOS from a CD on Dell XPS 420

Hi, I have a Dell XPS 420 and it has I think a SATA hard drive in it, but along with that I am planning to update BIOS with the help of CD. Can it is possible to do this task with the help of CD and if yes, what steps necessary to do this task. I think this clean installation has been always work to fix any kind of connectivity issue. Any help to do this task must be appreciates. My system configuration is as follows:
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / 2.4 GHz
    • RAM: 4.0 GB DDR II SDRAM
    • HDD: 1TB - S-ATA - 7200.0 rpm
    • BIOS: A07

Re: How to update BIOS from a CD on Dell XPS 420

You have the latest bios for your system. There is no need to do this bios update task onto this high configuration based system. If the system gives any problem, in that case, we need to use bios update task. Otherwise there is no need to do this update bios task onto this system.

I would be suggesting to you for go to online site and download advanced version of the bios. Then store it into external storage device. After that you need to install this version onto your motherboard system. This newly updated bios version will be then capable to detect the latest hardware devices. Hence try this simple bios update task with the help of the Compact disk onto these dell XPS 420 devices.

Are you sure you have use this Dell XPS 420. A07 version of the bios is to be launched in 5/12/2009. After that which new version is being launch, I can’t know. Hence I would be suggest to you that first check on official site that is there any version available that is advanced compared with this A07, then try to use this version. apply such advanced version and update system bios. Otherwise there is no need to do this update bios onto your system.

The BIOS was not the problem it was the drivers that needed to be installed. Sometimes this chipset driver updated has also been help us to fix this issue. Hence I would be say that try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto your dell xps 420 system.

I updated the BIOS of a Dell Vostro 220s using a bootable floppy and a USB flash drive. I found the proper bios update steps onto the official site of the dell site. Hence I would be suggesting to you that check this simple things with the help of the dell official site. My friend says that the same process present onto the manual of the desktop pc. Hence I think this is helpful to you.

I am just curios whether this new modified A07 bios for DELL XPS 420 would also work for the new OCZ Vertex 3 drives. It’s best to first consult the motherboard manual or manufacturer’s website as the process is no different to using official BIOS. Then only try this simple bios update task. This is necessary to fix such useful task onto your desktop pc bios system. Hence try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.