Thread: How to stop Dell Optiplex 755 from freezing?

How to stop Dell Optiplex 755 from freezing?

Hey all, I am having Dell Optiplex 755 CPU and with this CPU, I am having Freezing problem. For getting resolve this type of the problem I am here to get some recommendation on this topic. And in my case, the problem is that, when I am operating with the machine at that time I get that after while some of them start freezing, there is response from the mouse and the keyboard. And to get resolve this type of the problem, I tried with the Formatting them, changing the mouse, Keyboards, Monitors, RAM, HD, VGA, Power Extension. But still after doing this all things, still I get the same problem with this. Here I am not getting that why this is happening with me only?? If you are having some suggestion in this case, then please reply me back about this. And also I am having the following system specifications:
    • 5X Dell OptiPlex 755 ,
    • BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10A08
    • Processor: Inter(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
    • Memory : 2014 MB RAM

re: How to stop Dell Optiplex 755 from freezing?

Ok, I get your problem over here. But I am little bit confused with this and that is when you get Freezing your system?? When operating system running a program or else you get this problem when you go into some Power Management Mode? Reply me back about my questions??

Ok, I would like to say over here that this problem occurs when the client is working on the computer at that time it comes suddenly. For example when I am trying to resize the photo with the Office 2010 Image editor at that time also this happens. And when I was doing the same thi8ng in my office at that time I never seen this type of the problem. And I start facing this type of the problem from the last week, and still not have any suggestion to resolve this yet.

Dude, I was also having this type of the problem and to resolve this someone have told me to run the Diagnose software using the DVD. And when I was trying with this at that time I get an error message that is Error 0F00:133C, which means that there is some issues with the DVD writer. But I am sure that this is not the problem, because, I tried with the DVD writer and get that this is not having any problem with this. And after this check. After some time I get again that it freezes. I am telling you this all things over here because , you are also facing the same problem, try with the Diagnose softwarwe, hope that this will help you to get out that where is problem related with. And also reply here back if you get the proper suggestion in this case.

According to me Error 0F00:133C means that there is no disk in the DVD drive. It means that when you are running the test at that time it will get that the problem is related with the DVD drive only. For getting resolve that problem I will suggest you, to put the data CD in the drive and rerun, and I am sure that you will get the proper working of this again, but I am not sure that this will help you to get resolve your freezing problem.

Yes, I had also tried with the safe mode but at that time I get that it is again freezing at that time also. And also I have tried with the suggestion which you have given to me but still at that time also I get that this is not working for me. But thanks for your reply.

I will say here you to try with the Power Management, and I am sure that with this you will get resolve your problem. And for that I am having the suggestion which are as:
    • Disconnect all USB devices except mouse and keyboard.
    • Open Device Manager and expand list under USB.
    • Double-click each root hub and click Power Management tab.
    • Make sure the box "Allow PC to turn off this device is not checked
    • And after that reboot the system.

Hope that this will help you to resolve your problem.

Hey thanks dude, great steps. I tried with all this steps and finally found that Dell Optiplex 755 is now working very fine. I am not having any problem related with this. Thanks for suggesting me about this. This steps really worked for me.