Thread: Dell not honoring their advertises for free office 2010 upgrade

Dell not honoring their advertises for free office 2010 upgrade

I bought my new laptop on March 25 with Office 2007 that advertised on the panel to customize as it comes with a free upgrade to 2010, when I went to update my product today said that was not supported, ok these things happen in contact Dell fineness is NO..... Instead I get the upgrade, selling, 2007, that team does not come with 2010, give a link to where we have said (as if I was lying) and, finally, to simulate as we cannot talk more, they are still their? Yes ... 30 seconds later, the agent has left the chat. Once again demonstrates that Dell has the worst customer service in the industry, and yes i entered by trolls product identification is not my 25-digit code.

Re: Dell not honoring their advertises for free office 2010 upgrade

I am having the similar result. I have the invoice in Office 2007, March 21, 2010.. No update contrary to the Dell site if it is asked. (Note: product identification and product key are two different issues, some people seem confused, thinking they are the same key ID = not true) I have the CD of Microsoft Office Small Business 2007, I have a product key in the manga, I activated Office 2007, which I installed from the CD. There is a copy of the development, demonstration copy (I have a demo copy on another PC, and sleeve labels, as such, this CD is for the full version (for which I paid)).

Nobody is trying to make anybody look stupid, but simply wants to ensure that all facts have been established. When I look at the example of the product code then I taking them to account that include the characters "OEM" in the chain. I've never seen this in the Office product code, but I always see it in the product code for the installation of Windows installed by the manufacturer. Are you sure you are entering the correct code? I think it would have to enter the code in the Office installation disc packaging.

Later than submitted the form and were refused, do not go to Microsoft Customer Service to see if he could tell what was wrong? As you know, Dell is assumed to follow the guidance provided by Microsoft, when acting as a store of that company. Maybe something did get lost, and if so, you may be able to help discover what it was. I can say that the OEM character identifications have been a problem for some time. Microsoft will not be validated COA to have that string of characters on-line. Finally, I think you know, but I remember people on this forum do not work for Dell. We are all volunteers who are simply trying to help homeowner’s teammates with their problems. From my experience, the advice given here is much more often right than wrong, but when you are correct I think it's a little unfair to treat us as if we were paying for the advice.

I see no reason too, I was following the instructions if they are wrong then they have to be fixed, and I stand by my bad impression of Dell's customer service should not be telling me that everything is my fault that I am asking for pictures we ask that I am lying about what to look into the problem and fix in place all I get is that you never ordered 2010, there was 2010, showed me the link (the link is on this issue).. . so when I come here I am raving mad and have no patience for people with the wrong answers and Goody things to say about a company that has given me nothing but grief with this latest order, 4 years ago when I bought a Dell could at any rate reply my query usually does not solve the difficulty as. it seems that you cannot read well, for the reason that Microsoft wants your product key or product ID, and while it may have a different ID on the envelope should not be, the product recognition must match your program unless Dell is violating its TOS with Microsoft, which is entirely possible at this moment I am more interested in getting a response from Dell then a half bad advice from people who do not bother to read what is happening. Because if you do not make noise, not solve the problem, just continue to deny it.

Rob is right. I have the Office 2007 CD package that comes with the system and back, down the product code is an additional set of 14 numbers, but that does not match the field of 20 characters needed for identification of product. I suspect the problem lies in not using a Dell updated version. I'm still waiting to hear back from Microsoft, but I'm starting to think he might be a problem with Dell.