Thread: Dell Dimension 3000 missing the System32 folder

Dell Dimension 3000 missing the System32 folder

I am using the Dell Demensional 3000 and that is showing me some problem as it displays some issue regarding the Config missing/corrupt. Below is the exact message that I am getting from it.

"Windows could not start up because the fallowing file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS|SYSTEM32\CONFING\SYSTEM"

I cannot understand that why it showing this issue and how this can be resolved. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

re: Dell Dimension 3000 missing the System32 folder

I think that you will have to repair the system that you are using and that can solve the problem for you. Make use of original bootable OS disc and boot from that. When that prompt you for the type of setup you need then just press “R”. This option is for repairing the system. As you press that then it will start repairing the system. It will take some time to complete the process and when that is completed with that then you will get your system working again. I hope that this will be helpful for you.

Repairing is a good option for you but I would like to tell you that if you are going to attempt the System Repair then you must make sure that you are making use of the similar version of Windows and similar Service Pack which is installed on the hard drive otherwise the System Repair will not work.

There are more possibilities that System Restore will solve the problem for you but if that fails to work for you then I think that you are left with just one option and that is to do the clean install of the operating system. But make sure that this is your last choice and you have tried with all the other possible solutions for this. Once this is confirmed then only move to the clean install of OS. As this will erase all your data from the system drive, so if you are having any important data saved over there then you must take backup of that otherwise you will lose them.

I think that you will require to reinstall the operating system and see if that works for you, But ensure that you are giving this a attempt when no other solution works for you.