Thread: Dell XPS 8300 is overheating

Dell XPS 8300 is overheating

I have purchased the Dell XPS 8300 a few months back and I am running some weighty duty applications on it World Community Grid. I am also running the Core Temp for monitoring as well as protect my chip temperature. But problem is that, I found it overheating. This is very annoying for me. I dont know that how can I resolve this issue. I will be really glad if someone of you can tell me that what can be done in order to get this issue resolved. I will glad to have opinion about this problem from you people. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Dell XPS 8300 is overheating

First jof all, you must open the case and vejrify that the four screws which are holding the heatsink is tight or not as that could be the reason for this issue and check that fan is working properly. You can also remove the heatsink as well as fan from the board and after that connect them back properly. Other than this, just clean old thermal paste as of both the surface and you can mamke use of a new thin coat of thermal paste.

Check if the system you are using is under warranty or not. If that is under warranty then you should not do anbything to the system. Just contact the Dell support and ask them regarding the issue. They will tell you the best way to get this problem resolved.

If you are having doubt that how to appy the new coat of the thermal paste then I would like to tell you that there are a lot of youtube videos available and you can take a look to those videos and you will have better idea that how it is to be done.

You can make use of some cooling system and that is surely going to help you. This is the only solution that I can tell you and I am sure that it will help you a lot to reduce the temperature of the system.