Thread: My Dell V313w printer results in "spooler subsystem app crash"

My Dell V313w printer results in "spooler subsystem app crash"

I have been using windows 7 on my machine and I am also using a Dell V313w printer and all were working fine by now but the problem that I have started facing again is that whenever I am rebooting the machine then the printer gives me as message which says "spooler subsystem app crash" .I don’t know what is this problem all about because the printer is still working but I really want to get rid of this error. Is there anyone who has faced the same error and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: My Dell V313w printer results in "spooler subsystem app crash"

I have been using windows 7 on my machine and I am also using a Dell V313w printer and all were working fine by now but the problem that I have started facing again is that whenever I am rebooting the machine then the printer gives me as message which says "spooler subsystem app crash" .I don’t know what is this problem all about because the printer is still working but I really want to get rid of this error. Is there anyone who has faced the same error and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    You can try out the following:
    • Firstly Run the “Delete Print Jobs” method and then remove if there is any kind of stuck print jobs in the queue.
    • After that just disconnect the printer.
    • Then uninstall the printer from the control panel in your computer.
    • After that Restart your computer and also make sure that you use the Recommended Wireless Router Settings and check that the network settings are proper and after that go online and then insert the printer disk and install the printer and then follow the instruction.

Just try this out and see if it is helping you.

Just to help you in detail with the Delete Print Jobs:
    Copy the below lines in to notepad between in the same manner and then save the file as DeletePrintJobs.cmd and then run it by right clicking it and then selecting the run as administrator option:
    -------------------------------------------------
    net stop spooler
    del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.shd
    del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.spl
    net start spooler
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

In order to use the Recommended Wireless Router Settings just follow the below steps:
    • Make sure that the firmware in your wireless router is updated.
    • Broadcast your SSID
    • Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal).
    • Make the Password 13 characters long.
    • Use the Mixed b and g mode if it is available.
    • If it is possible then Use the channels 1, 6 or 11.
    • Keep the setting at DHCP and after that just save and exit and then switch everything off for 30 seconds and then switch it on and then see if it is making any difference.

I have tried doing so but then it is not helping actually I did not informed you that I had faced this error before as well I mean that I was getting this error previously but then I got a FixCleaner to solve it out as I have found it to be recommended by the Microsoft in order to solve such problems but then even it did not worked for me so I just wanted to know whether I can do something using it to solve this issue.

I have tried doping so but then it is not helping actually I did not informed you that I had faced this error before as well I mean that I was getting this error previously but then I got a FixCleaner to solve it out as I have found it to be recommended by the Microsoft in order to solve such problems but then even it did not worked for me so I just wanted to know whether I can do something using it to solve this issue.
    You can try Setting up/Troubleshooting a Wireless Network just try to follow the below:

Make sure that you have the connection in this way wall > Cable modem/router > wireless router > wired/wireless and after that Press and hold the little reset button in the back of the wireless router for 60 seconds after that Plug the ethernet cable in to a numbered port of the wireless router and then just run the ipconfig /all and then check the default gateway and then Open Internet Explorer and then enter the default gateway in the address bar and then press enter. After that enter the password if required and then you will get a new window so just click on the wireless tab and then use the respected details and then save it and then click on the Wireless security after that enter the 13 digit password and then enter the other details and then save it. After that click on the wireless mac filter and then disable it and then save it and then close the IE and then reset the router and then uninstall the intel (r) adapter form your computer from the control panel and then restart your computer and then go in to the hardware wizard and the network adapter will be installed for you automatically and then click on it and then check the box in the window which will tell it to connect it automatically after that enter the password and then close.

I will suggest you to go to the start and then go to run and then type sfc /scannow in the command prompt and this will replace if any file is missing and if the error is because of missing file then this will solve it out. Just try it out and check if it is making any difference.

You can try out the following solutions:
    • Go to start and then go in to control panel and then go in to Programs and Features and then click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • After that just click on the + sign of the Print services that you will see.
    • So now just Select the LPD and the LPR after that make sure that you remove the Internet Printing Client and after that just restart your machine in order to make sure that there is no error of spooler service.
    • After that just Add your printer and the driver back.

Check it out and then let me know what you experience. I think that it should solve your problem but I have got varying answers for this solution that is why I am not sure.

Hey I was able to solve my problem but then I had not tried the solution but then thinking that it was some kind of wireless problem I gave it a kind of last reply try by rebooting the wireless router at the end of the night and later this morning I had found that I was not getting the same message again. I had tried some solution but then I don’t know which solution had actually worked for me but now I am really happy that I have solved the problem somehow at least. Thanks to all their your help