Thread: Corsair force 3 120 GB causes systems hang and also slow down system

Corsair force 3 120 GB causes systems hang and also slow down system

I have a team of 3 120GB Corsair that I upgraded to 1.3.3 firmware. I still get the system hangs for about 10-30 seconds, where the operating system is "stuck." I mostly built my machine to play Battlefield 3. It is playing with the best system, but the game with Windows 7 that was fine.

The hanging seems worrying. In fact, once hung while loading a map / game Battlefield 3, and the kind of thing froze at that point until the system reached. Battlefield 3 is very new too, so it could have been the fault of the game. However, this has happened while I'm surfing the internet or doing things on the computer - not a game. I have read other reports of this unit doing this kind of behavior did not know if anyone had any idea.

Re: Corsair force 3 120 GB causes systems hang and also slow down system

I am also facing similar trouble. I would also add that I have used Corsair memory for a while and I'm a big fan. When I saw a good price on this album, I jumped on it. I can deal with occasional hang ups - I suspect this is something to do with the firmware of the unit . however, on the way home from work I'll buy a SATA cable more and replace the El cheapo I have with my mother.

Now that I think I will buy two SATA cables - the first pair of apparent "hangs" occurred when inserting discs in my DVD drive .I also had problems locking when not using the DVD drive, however.

If you erase the SSD sure when reinstalled Windows? If not, I would try first and then see if it hangs. Have you installed the AMD chipset drivers? If you are sure to delete the SSD and still hangs Send a RMA.

I installed Windows with 1.3.2 firmware, the system hangs at random, infrequent, but at least once during the time he had to interact with the computer (a couple of hours a day).Then I upgraded the firmware to 1.3.3, and soon after had a lock again.

It also did not install the drivers for AMD chipset. I just upgraded my Asus motherboard chipset with the recommendations on its website

I downloaded and installed the "Chipset" Update my mother, but when I went to install ATI Catalyst emerged as. So, since I have an Nvidia video card, I was reluctant to follow. However, my onboard graphics are disabled, so I thought what the hell - and part of the update was for my Northbridge chipset. I hope that is what is meant by "update your chipset AMD."

I also misrepresented my SATA cables a couple at the local store. I saw that my installation of Windows 7 was using MS AHCI drivers, and had an update for AMD AHCI drivers for my motherboard.

As I found ATTO benchmarks - I see my drives to achieve transfer rates of 250-275MB / s SATA2 3Gb / s, which I think is pretty good! However, smaller file sizes (8.0 and smaller) appear to have different transfer rates - sometimes 15,000, sometimes, for example, 600 to read or write? Is typical for SSD to handle smaller files so strangely? Larger files are pretty quick transfers / consistent.

At that time, trying to respond to this forum, my screens kept going blank and return - so I thought I had a hose in my Nvidia video card with ATI Catalyst install it. Then I realized my keyboard does not work as well. It turns out that I was going crazy KVM switch - non-functional keyboard, the screen goes out of control. So directly connected my keyboard / screen, and everything seems fine.

It's a means of erasing an SSD that differs from a format. Parted Magic seems to be a recommended way to perform the secure erase. So, it's like formatting, but unique to SSD's. It’s a specific command issued to write zeroes to the SSD drive.