Thread: Cannot access Canon MF8450 from Mac

Cannot access Canon MF8450 from Mac

I determined to inquire to assist with my own trouble: Two Macs (a snow leopard, a lion), a canon MF8450 printer linked by means of Ethernet. The printer works extremely well under Windows on the Mac Snow leopard and a pair of equipment to win others. Remote UI is easy to acquire to by all means (such as a ping). The driver used is the present 2.25

Snow Leopard: IP printer recognizes and installs easily, however, no test page is printed in place I get the error 3150.

Lion: Printer’s IP is not recognized in "Supplies and"> "Utility"> printer is not found first, but if the search for the printer and then reselect the printer in the status menu labeled the printer is ready. In the "Print & Fax" menu, the printer is marked as inactive. When I try to print a test page I get:"/ Library/Printers/Canon/UFR2/Cores/cupstomcdufr2/Contents/MacOS/cupstomcdufr2 failed"

I had an older driver version installed first (it was 2.20?). Now the monitor of the printer is marked as 2.25.TextEdit and the previous fall, when I try to print and the firewall is disabled. So to summarize, the connection should be there, but the printer does not have access. Why is a mystery to me? Any ideas? A little inspiration?

Re: Cannot access Canon MF8450 from Mac

As for Lion, Canon has indicated that it can be printed from Preview or Text Edit with UFr2 v2.25 driver. So for the PDF, we suggest you use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to produce an official driver UFr2 Lion. If you do not want to use Acrobat Reader, you can open and print PDF files in Safari. Control-click and select the PDF file to open with Safari. See if that lets you print without error.

As for SL, so the test page is printing? If this is the CUPS test page available through the print queue after I've seen this mistake cause UFr2 queue. If not the CUPS test page and merely a paper application, then you can open Print & Fax and select the MF and then open alternative and supplies. Then on the General tab, you are able to duplicate the URL queue and then come back here please.

I do not care if preview / text editing functions. It would be enough if at all possible. But the error continues to occur with other applications too.

Code:
    "/ Library/Printers/Canon/UFR2/Cores/cupstomcdufr2/Contents/MacOS/cupstomcdufr2 failed"

You mention in your opening memo, nevertheless do not be acquainted with if I have work. Therefore, with esteem to the Print Monitor UFRII v2.25 with the installation you are capable to acquire this to connect to the MF and view information on the device? Also, when you choose to print, if you have action Monitor open, do you imagine the MCC service startup?

As for the SL, the tail looks good, so I'm not sure what is happening there. As Lion, you are capable to obtain information from the printer through UFRII print monitor?

The trouble here is that when I add the printer is not linked and I am able to only add, adding that anyway. On the other hand, when it is added, you be able to open the UFRII print monitor. ("Supplies and '>' utility ') at first but turns off when the printer search and click the name of the printer again wakes and be able to even exhibit the device information.

I do not see the MCC service, I see a service named starting printer and is also the background paper UFRII. MCC service only begins with UFRII print monitor.

Is there any possibility left I might acquire this printer working? It feels so unintelligent when you have a printer still necessitate running around the building with a USB.

Another idea for the Mac Snow Leopard would be to check the CDs that come with the machine to a previous driver version UFr2, if the problem is the v2.25. Hopefully the album has v2.10 or later, which was the first version that supported 10.6. If you have this version or later, you can delete the printer and its associated files and then install the previous version.

If this does not help, so if you have not, I would contact local Canon support and ask to be put in contact with second level support or even higher, because I think the problem is beyond the first level support usually have to talk to.

I connected the USB port lion. The printer I almost jumped out of the menu added. However, when I tried to print a website Firefox or test page, I have the same error. ('/ Library/Printers/Canon/UFR2/Cores/cupstomcdufr2/Contents/MacOS/cupstomcdufr2 no').Amazingly usb settings I could use the print monitor urfii. In the configuration of the network is always worked

Lastly, I have my primary achievement with the report. When connecting the USB port SL Mac printer worked right away. Merely the print monitor urfii not respond, nevertheless I imagine this might be typical for the USB connection.

My understanding is that the driver works with SL, nevertheless one way or another mix network connection. Considering that the Mac works fine or else, I believe this should be related to the printer.

Well read that had some achievement. And what they've said about the print monitor is accurate for a USB connection as there is no bidirectional note.

As for the configuration of the network protocols do not think the above would be the cause of your trouble since you can ping the printer and open the RUI. And for the Windows print driver using UFr2 also, again, suggests the printer settings right.

I probably would not have noticed the new version of the driver. Unfortunately, I'm in another city so I cannot observe the new driver for some time. As soon as I will get my hands on the printer you want to hear about it!