Thread: Should I upgrade to Mac OS X Lion Since I use MagicJack, does it work with Mac OS X Lion

Should I upgrade to Mac OS X Lion Since I use MagicJack, does it work with Mac OS X Lion

I desire to upgrade to Lion, nevertheless I cannot obtain a clear reply from MagicJack. Does anybody be acquainted if it works with the lion?

Re: Should I upgrade to Mac OS X Lion Since I use MagicJack, does it work with Mac OS X Lion

As I do not make use of MagicJack for the moment, I cannot say for confident, nevertheless almost certainly works. This is an Intel application (which does not even work in the old PowerPC machines) and so will not be exaggerated by the lack of Rosetta in Lion. on the other hand, there may be other compatibility issues. If you have an external drive or more than a Macintosh, you can install Lion in one of those and attempt for yourself.

Re: Should I upgrade to Mac OS X Lion Since I use MagicJack, does it work with Mac OS X Lion

It was quite unusual at first and then I went and re-ran the update of the MAC from their website and it works great!

I upgraded to 10.7 Lion and now my magic jack I working. Take to the display where it says register once more. on the other hand, already registered. Any clues?

I attempt the whole thing that people are telling me to make use of magic taking the lion and the shape! Blue light in the blink magic jack for a few seconds and then goes . so my iMac does not recognize the decision of magic, try different usb ports and the same thing, I make use of a USB hub with the identical obsession, so inform me how do they work magic Jack?

I'm running a Mac Mini with Lion. I made the "Upgrading Mac" That Magic Jack has on his website.

Magic Jack crashes at least once, sometimes several times a day. Error message I get is "Magic Jack quit unexpectedly." I contacted their customer support and they told me that the software is currently not fully compatible. They said they do not know when they will have a software update, and that "going to work at least sometimes."

MagicJack does not work on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). It crashes every hour or so. Their technical support acknowledged a problem with MagicJack in Lion.

Frankly, my experience with MagicJack is very unreliable and almost useless as a replacement for your home phone. I'm relying more on my cell phone now and is likely to stop using MagicJack shortly.

Code:
    grep Except mjcrash.txt
    Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
    Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000020
    Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000034765091
    Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000048
    Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000000000000ac
    Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000000000

A particular type of member, I determined I would use so many instances with people that support and stand magicJack solves this trouble. I associated with them and resisted from level 1 to level 3 supports. I answered all their questions and did everything he asked me.

When finished, nothing has changed. MagicJack application still crashed and only restarts again and again. The next day, I realized that I was not breaking! It has crashed in 4 days and now it works perfectly. The support engineer I worked with was very grateful for the assistance and accident records. Apparently, that's what it takes to solve the trouble.

I would appreciate if you remember exactly what had to be done and could put those instructions. I tried customer service via phone and via chat. Each time was a call from 25 to 30 minutes with multiple call transfers.

I'm happy there is a magicJack to work with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). Honestly, I'm puzzled why yours is working and mine is not, as you did not observe anything different from what they have to attempt to discover a answer for magicJack accidents. I believe it is right to state unequivocally that the magicJack and Lion trouble has been solved until people like me have some experiences that support your claim.