Thread: Slow multitasking with Corsair Nova Series 2 60 GB

Slow multitasking with Corsair Nova Series 2 60 GB

The model (now departed) of 64 GB has worked perfectly for 2 months and then died, and now I reinstalled Windows on this new-fangled model. I recently brought a dead 64GB Corsair Nova to the store and have a Series 2 New Corsair 60 GB as a replacement.

Re: Slow multitasking with Corsair Nova Series 2 60 GB

Just joined to say that I too I have the same problem. It also appears slow to install DirectX files and C + + files. For most others, works very well. My times are about 240 sequential read and write 80. In fact, not what was advertised, but it would be okay with him if it was better multitasking. HELP!

I've tried changing the SATA cables with the other units, but now I have a new SATA cable that came with another computer and the SATA cable has an inscription of 6 Gb / s. And what do you know - after the connection to the cable back, it seems the system is behaving better.

The only trouble now is that I have installed all the drives and moved my user folder and Firefox profile for drives. So, now I have to try uninstalling and reinstalling the programs for the SDD and see if the problem really disappeared.

Exactly the same problem, the disc does not seem to be able to perform multiple tasks, which is a shame in 2011. I bought an SSD to improve performance and save you some time and I'm thinking of reinstalling the OS on a SATA disk and return to store where I bought it.

I've tried almost everything, ACHI on / off, driver .update, change port, replaces the cable, nothing seems to work. So if anybody has an thought, would be pleasant to share

What is the NOVA series controller 2, for the reason that I have many names and never the same thing)? for the reason that perhaps a firmware update could help?

In fact, to sum it all up - I keep only the minimum on the SSD, not even my user profile folder (My Documents, My Music, etc are stored) is on the SSD. That way you lose all the benefits of launching applications faster, nevertheless get back the normal system behavior,

Since the SSD is more or less used only for reading data? I know it is a good solution because I love to start my applications from the SSD and have everything up in a second.

I was thinking the same thing, but I tried another method. I can reinstall my operating system on normal SATA drive and I use the SSD for games. Obviously there is no increase drilling for my operating system, but is good enough for games. I think (not sure) which is a big performance gain, as it allows me to play in HD on deus ex and I could not do before.

So yes, if a solution I'm pretty interesting in it, but for now I'm fine (obviously I'd rather use my SSD for my OS, but I think it is impossible for me . for now is probably due to the controller and a firmware update would be nice, if I may ask what exactly.

I've always been a satisfied customer with a privateer, but the red flag in this case, it is not just to sell something without telling what is in it, and secondly, a record that can do multiple tasks better than SATA 1 unit is a complete waste of money in 2011.So keep this setup for now, but I'm very disappointed in this case because it's been 10 years since I bought a computer part does not.

Nope, sorry still doing very well by putting the OS on another disk, I agree that it is the best solution, but I have no time to deal with many a little with that. I hope you found (or perhaps another pirate) a solution to that, but I doubt no driver update.

I got an reply from customer service and, regrettably, is the same recommendation that are all over this place (after installing protected Erase, BIOS / SATA controller

First 60GB nova2 I have is doa. Now this custom writing above 50Mbps. been looking everywhere for a solution, but I feel the best option for me would be to return to the trash heap and get a SandForce SSD controller perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by The Picture View Post
    First 60GB nova2 I have is doa. Now this custom writing above 50Mbps. been looking everywhere for a solution, but I feel the best option for me would be to return to the trash heap and get a SandForce SSD controller perhaps?
    I went to customer service and Guy thought sadly RAM is RMA. I have to say that the Corsair's customer service is very nice, but I hope that my problem was sorted after the RMA.