Thread: Corsair Force Series GT SSD - Boot Errors and Lock-Ups

Corsair Force Series GT SSD - Boot Errors and Lock-Ups

I've had my Corsair Force GT SSD series just over a month and for the most part has been great, but occasionally I have found some problems. The other day I went for a couple of hours and returned to the following: courtesy of my iPhone, sorry for the quality of shit! A hard reboot was all I could do at the moment. I know that cannot be good for my system.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time I had a good time. It seems to be something random and I'm not sure what is causing it. I checked all connections and everything seems fine. I even tried changing the SATA connectors, but do not seem to change anything. I’m usually doing nothing more than simple web browsing or surfing YouTube when this trouble.Another very rare bug that I'm running on my system is just locked up.

I could be doing anything at all. Playing a game on Steam, talking on Skype, Firefox browsing to do just freezes. Not exactly an accident .But all is not responding. It is especially rare when I can still talk to my friend on Skype, but I realize the video is frozen and you cannot click on anything. It's basically like someone pasted a screenshot on my desktop. There is one thing I can do Dang! Ctrl-Alt-Del is completely useless as well. The only solution is that I do a hard reboot here as well. I’m not very expert in computer, so I'm not sure how to fix this trouble myself. I entered the BIOS and made sure my SSD gets the boot priority in the first place. I have only my Windows 7 and Adobe CS5 I installed on my SSD and therefore is not overloaded. I have about 15 GB total spare 60GB.

Re: Corsair Force Series GT SSD - Boot Errors and Lock-Ups

I saw this dive, but was not sure if it applies to my trouble. Going to start backing up files this evening in preparation for the changeover. Thanks once more!

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, Nevertheless I have been setting up my system for this firmware update for the last hour (backing up almost all things to my external hard drive, basically) and I'm understanding this through the PDF to print and it says that "right click on" Corsair_FieldUpdater_v1.1.exe ". although I am allowed to access this file

I'm assuming this is a step that would make after my clean install of Windows and immediately after arriving at my desk. Is that true? I opened my 60GB.zip Force GT and the only thing that is a PDF of the instructions printed. I'm losing something amazingly obvious?

No. There are no folders in the zip file, not only PDF format. Open folders to locate the exe. Run it, install the new-fangled firmware, and then make convinced the deletion and install Windows.

If the mistake persists, then this would be the BIOS settings incorrectly configured. Go to the boot priority list and configure the SSD to the first.

Go to the priority of boot hard disk and set the SSD to the first.

I just wanted to write a little update here, since it's been about 2 weeks since my change of format, and unfortunately there are still some problems.

Actually I was greeted this morning with the dreaded "Reboot and choose proper device." the display. It took me three efforts to restart the system before I was capable to move from "Initializing." I have my display and SSD hard drive and am familiar. This is really more challenging than a player cannot play; I in fact work from home as a graphic designer, so it actually is big business these things happen.

Hard restart attempts was a frozen screen is displayed: ". 88SE911xx Marvell Adapter - BIOS version 1.0.0.1025 Initializing .frequently, when these screens appears freezes / inactive for perhaps 1 or 2 seconds previous to my two SSD and HDD are familiar and my computer restarts in Windows.

I understand writing in my print-out of "Force Corsair GT Firmware Update Instructions". "If your update fails using the Marvell controller, update it using the chipset based drive controller on your motherboard. This applies not SATA2 and SATA3 controllers."

Again, ignorance .But if anybody could please point out just what this Means and if it applies to me I'd be extremely grateful. I wound into fairly a scare in the beginning When I reformatted I could not acquire past the "Initializing." display, and I thought I snake my Toasted SSD and / or HDD someway. I'd Rather Not Have a replicate incidence!

"If the update is unsuccessful with the Marvell controller, you have to inform using the drive controller chipset based motherboard. This applies to SATA2 and SATA3 controllers."

This means that if the upgrade is not recommended to connect with the Intel SSD instead of the driver Marvell. When you re-formatting removed safely?

It also updates the BIOS settings? I have the luxury of the plate and the damned that mind of its own and changes in my boot order.

This team currently contains software version 9.1.1.1023, which is newer than the version you are about to install. Are you sure you want to overwrite the current software version 9.1.1.1020 older "

Naturally took No, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Is there something specific that I need to download and install for my motherboard in order to overcome this "Marvell driver" issue.

I have the "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" message all time I modify my SSD to boot first. I'm not confident what to do . it sounds like the SSD just is not compatible with my motherboard.