Thread: Corsair F120 SSD is not working

Corsair F120 SSD is not working

I bought half a year ago to update my Corsair F120 in my notebook . Today, while the system was at rest, a blue screen appeared and the system reboots. Since then, the bios do not recognize the SSD drive. If I plug in my external PC is not familiar either. Is there any method to save the data? And what I complain to my store or directly from Corsair?

Re: Corsair F120 SSD is not working

I experienced a terrible case similar to you. I also bought my F120 for half a year and 2 weeks ago just stopped working. I was running prime when suddenly the Windows shell shock and I have a random error (not BSOD Though), ctrl + alt + delete does not even work, so I had to do a hard reboot. My advice does not distinguish the SSD after that. I tried new-fangled cable, SATA port others, etc, and nothing worked. So I request an RMA number straight from Corsair and am in the process now. I have no suggestion if you can keep the old data, but I honestly do not think so. I hope you had backups.

I'm incredibly disappointed that lasted no more than 6 months, especially since I've done all the settings, Junction things out of it, tested only a handful of times and games are not in it. I only used as 11GB. All that is certainly going to change once I get the replacement drive, if life expectancy is about 6 months anyway.

And Another One Died today! One year of age it Snake has a good life. Then it suddenly stopped. Hopefully The Other 2 pieces, I'm using, Will hold longer!

My F120 unsuccessful after unerringly three months. Until it failed, it worked flawlessly. After it failed, it was alternating. Sometimes it would be seen and would work for a minute or two (or until I attempted to copy files off of it). At other times it would not be recognized at all. I wasn't able to access the event logs, nevertheless I suppose the failure happening with a BSOD after the computer had been sitting idle for a pair of hours.

It has taken a while (partially due to my remote location), nevertheless I just received the RMA return notice. I am looking forward to putting the new (refurbished) drive through its paces!

My first one died less than a week after preliminary use. It was exhibiting the weirdest indication. It would boot just fine, nevertheless any changes/writes I made during that session of having the computer on would not be reflected the subsequently time I would do a cold power cycle! It was like my disk was snapshot and reserved rolling back on each cold boot. Talk about annoying!

When I requested an RMA for that drive I requested an explanation of failure analysis since I was new to Sand force controllers and all their magic. After such a strange failure mode I didn't have confidence in them. My Indilinx- and Marvell-based SSDs never had any issues at all, after years of use.

So when I received the replacement F120 I didn't make use of it for months. I finally decided to go ahead and make use of it again considering it was a hollow speculation, and I just made convinced to backup frequently. I travel with my laptop every week and usually write imperative data to the server over VPN, or e-mail test results, etc.so I felt that if I lost it during the week it wouldn't be that big of a transaction for the reason that I could restore to a different disk as soon as I reach home.

It is a known difficulty that the Force drive will disappear after some use, the best way to get it detected again is to unplug the power source of the computer from the wall (or if its a laptop, take out the battery and unplug it).

That should get the drive detected once more. Give pleasure to remember to backup all your files; also make convinced the firmware versions are up to date on these drives. Version 2.0 or higher. If you truthfully imagine it is dead, you should be able to RMA it.

It's absolutely not a power cycle matter. I power-cycled the laptop at least a dozen times, even removing battery, etc. No luck. Then plugged it into a dissimilar PC when I return home and still no fortune being acknowledged.

That certainly did not solve the issue I snake with my F120. What DID solve it was an RMA. The replacement with F120 (Silently) whirring away in my computer now.

That's some bad possibility! My replacement F120 is at the present hosting Steam and other games. It has been a month, and so far all is fine.

I had one die on me and acquire a replacement drive. Now this one is starting to display the same performance. It is randomly freezing and then it disappears from the bios. When rebooting, the bios will take up to 2 minutes to scrutinize for the drives and it does not show up. Only a removal from the power will acquire the drive to show up once more. To be truthful, I have an F120 and P3 128 both have been RMA'd and both RMA's drives are starting to do the same thing.

Corsair desires to either fix the issue with new firmware or replace the drives with diverse models. I have not attempted to RMA the RMA'd drives for the cause that I figure why even bother for the motive that it is a lost cause. How much time am I going to have to RMA a drive. All these shipping costs add up not to mention the inconvenience.