Thread: Newly Installed Corsair H80 appears to be dead

Newly Installed Corsair H80 appears to be dead

I built a new i7 system on a 400R 2600K with H80 cooler today. All H80 pump / fan found dead. No light in the button lights and the fans. I tried using the header SYS_FAN1 and even tried the molex connector. No dice. I enter the BIOS and see the temperature of the CPU one place.

This may or may not be related, but the new system only intermittently until the boots, but when it does I've only been in the BIOS to check things out for a short period before closing. One of my hypotheses is that you cannot have a sufficient energy supply. I'll know tomorrow when I try TX650M. Currently, I have the TX550M and thought it was underpowered for my system configuration. If you have solved the intermittent starting problem to H80 and still does not work, I will assume the H80 is dead.

My guess is that I have second defective parts, including CPU MB and worse. In which case H80 unaffected by any of these defective parts, I will assume the H80 is dead.

Re: Newly Installed Corsair H80 appears to be dead

These connections need to be connected both. The fan cable is only to record pump RPM in the BIOS and the molex is power.PSU has nothing to do with the subject, draw very little power and not directly from the MB.
    Check to see if the seals are tight enough to hold the pump head to the CPU securely. If it is loose can cause the CPU to heat up and shut down.

Re: Newly Installed Corsair H80 appears to be dead

That did the trick. The fans and the pump is functioning now. I do not remember if it was in the manual, but that's an important fact to be noted. Thank you.

I also discovered through trial and error on my MB, fans, etc. is not receiving power. Apparently, when I connect the USB 3.0 header 400R is the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MB, seems short board and all accessories. When you disconnect and give it a minute, then the machine until I press the power button. Strange.