Thread: Unable to write at faster speed with Corsair Force GT on Macbook Pro 2010

Unable to write at faster speed with Corsair Force GT on Macbook Pro 2010

Just installed Corsair Force GT in my Macbook pro 2010 2days ago and I originate disk speed test (which is a benchmark application to check the speed of Design SSD). Nevertheless I'm getting merely 135MB / s write speed and 245 MB / s read speed. I've tried to crop and the outside, but the speed does not increase. Is there something wrong with my disc? Do I need to rma?

Re: Unable to write at faster speed with Corsair Force GT on Macbook Pro 2010

Helping to maintain their performance cut for longer, then unused. DO NOT adjust the speed of your current speed.

I’m freed you need to enter PC with Intel SATA chipset and windows in it to test in the ATTO program. That is the progressive and respected system.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Woodley View Post
    Helping to maintain their performance cut for longer, then unused. DO NOT adjust the speed of your current speed.

I’m freed you need to enter PC with Intel SATA chipset and windows in it to test in the ATTO program. That is the progressive and respected system.
    I am aware of the ATTO only, I do not know that gt force must experience the difference a great performance in a Mac OS X . A little disappointed.

Well, I think the limit is by configuration and not SSD. So your SSD is faster than any driver can go fast in the system.

I know nothing about Macs, but do not you get updates for your system on, as in a normal PC have "BIOS" updates?Any controller to update system software on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Patcy View Post
    Well, I think the limit is by configuration and not SSD. So your SSD is faster than any driver can go fast in the system.

I know nothing about Macs, but do not you get updates for your system on, as in a normal PC have "BIOS" updates?Any controller to update system software on it?
    Hey thanks for the response, but I'm running the latest firmware 1.3 of the GT strength and there is also energy-saving things to be. I wonder if it is purely a matter of SATA II.

A query to Corsair: Does Corsair analysis their SSDs with Mac OSX?

I have nothing alongside Corsair, and in fact, i am tremendously satisfied with the build quality of their products (i have possession of a Corsair HX520W PSU which has been working perfectly for 3 yrs) nevertheless I’m wondering if that identical build superiority can be attained when products are used on Mac OSX?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond! View Post
    A query to Corsair: Does Corsair analysis their SSDs with Mac OSX?

I have nothing alongside Corsair, and in fact, i am tremendously satisfied with the build quality of their products (i have possession of a Corsair HX520W PSU which has been working perfectly for 3 yrs) nevertheless I’m wondering if that identical build superiority can be attained when products are used on Mac OSX?
    Your speeds are completely on par with a SATA II drive and controller. Are you using a SATA II controller in your laptop

If not it's probable the benchmarking utility is testing the drive in a number of other method that we're not used to (eg. random writes rather than sequential, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by !Shea! View Post
    Your speeds are completely on par with a SATA II drive and controller. Are you using a SATA II controller in your laptop

If not it's probable the benchmarking utility is testing the drive in a number of other method that we're not used to (eg. random writes rather than sequential, etc).
    Updates for your Mac system board/motherboard FW/BIOS or what have the control of that sata controller on Mac, in hardware level. After that software.