Thread: How to obtain best performance for Corsair Force 3 SSD

How to obtain best performance for Corsair Force 3 SSD

This is usually an inquiry as to tips and tricks to make the best unit to approach 550MB / s read, 510Mb / s write performance. As it stands, I have not touched my BIOS or do any firmware updates (I assume this will be part of the trouble). Merely install the unit in one of the bays of SATA in my PC.

I installed the drive in my Acer G7200 today I've had for a number of years now. At that occasion I have gone toward win7 x64, uploaded to the RAM up to 8 GB, upgrade the graphics card a bit and acquire a SSD was the primary objective to preserve performance at a good level without forking by a team again.

Anyway, from merely unite, I at present receive 126.8Mb / s read and 137.5Mb / s write the reference test. My query is, from this point, what I be able to do to get improved this speed? Even though I managed to install it, I'm not precisely a technical wizard, so any functional information that be able to provide would be very much respected!

re: How to obtain best performance for Corsair Force 3 SSD

The rates depend on the chipset and if this chipset supports SATA III 6 GB / s. so even if I go and update my BIOS and everything that does not make any difference based on the chipset in my PC.

What I read is, only a number of ports SATA-3 in it. So be convinced to make use of the accurate port and attempt different cables. Also updated on the Acer site are old so attempt directly from AMD

Also updating BIOS can assist up to them have done great in a part of your control. instance testing here are my version of my accessible BIOS mb 0506 and 0705.

Different only here is the version of BIOS (see the time right down). W7 on my end cultivation time format is DD / MM / YYYY.

BIOS update information on the ASUS site do not show the updates / fix a part of the chipset RAID / SATA support. When I tested my system.

BIOS update downloaded from the this Acer is still out of its own installer told him I needed a ROM file. There is also a lot of SATA driver updates available off their website:
    • SATA Driver 1.5.19.1
    • SATA Driver (Lycom) 1.2.15.2
    • SATA Driver PCI to SATA Driver 1.2.14.2
    • SATA Driver eSATA controller driver 1.2.15.0

According to the associated document AMD, the chipset is a SATA II 3 Gb / s interface. All SATA II interfaces will have a top pace of real world 250 MB / s. Based on that document, which evidently does not have a SATA III, 6 Gb / s interface.

All current additions to your PC do not have an effect on the operation of the fund of its SATA II interface. But with any luck the addition of Windows 7 will help you get better your current performance SSD.

First, the SATA mode in BIOS must be set to AHCI, if not set that way now. If not, and since you have already installed Windows 7, a simple configuration change that will not work. You need to make a little registry editing to get this to work properly.

Before continuing, it is necessary to check how SATA, IDE or AHCI, and that can be changed in the BIOS. The published figures seem to SATA I, 1.5 GB / s speed.

In my BIOS I can observe the option (at present set to IDE) yet it's grayed out and I can't choose it to revolutionize it. I'm going to figure out how to update my BIOS and various SATA drivers first to observe if I acquire the alternative to modify it then and go from there.

One difficulty is the launcher that the program that Acer provide to do the firmware update is a 16-bit program which doesn't load in win7 at all ( There is a stand-alone windows updater nevertheless it searches for a ROM file and immediately throws up a ROM ID error for the reason that it can't find one.why can't they make these things simple.

Have you tried right clicking on the program, then click Properties? From there choose the Compatibility tab and check Run in compatibility mode. From there, I do not know what operating system you choose, probably an old man like me? I do not know if this will work for you or not, and I cannot be responsible for the results. You should contact Acer support and see what they recommend.

Unfortunately, their troubles are common to all in one PC. They are usually locked against change things in the BIOS, since most of their clients are not the types of technology. I've heard of BIOS that have permission levels, ie as an administrator must log on to access all the options, but I have no idea if your BIOS is like that.

Re: How to obtain best performance for Corsair Force 3 SSD

I downloaded the manual showed nothing in the BIOS. On my laptop Acer SATA mode is set to "Home" / "SATA Mode" -> "AHCI Mode"
    I would like to install the 1.5.19.1 drivers, but you may have to AHCI work before they can work. Whether or not already sent in.