Thread: How to use Canon Selphy printer with Mac OS X Lion

How to use Canon Selphy printer with Mac OS X Lion

I have a Canon Selphy CP800 is extremely vital to me. Canon does not have updated drivers on their website and Apple still does not list the CP800, printer compatibility. Does anybody in fact updated and tested at 10.6 Lion drivers for this or any other Selphy? I am holding off advance until I be acquainted with Lion all that I have supported

Re: How to use Canon Selphy printer with Mac OS X Lion

For me, the driver provided by the installer does not work in Lion; I acquire an error message during installation. No idea if it would keep working, if not already installed before updating.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaria View Post
    For me, the driver provided by the installer does not work in Lion; I acquire an error message during installation. No idea if it would keep working, if not already installed before updating.
    I was a bit thinking it was going to do a fresh install of a lion instead of an update, so answer my question. Guess I'll have to wait for Canon to step up and release some drivers.

I would wait for word from Canon to have a compatible driver installer Lion. I also received the error message when trying to install the SELPHY CP800 driver-installer disk in the box. I also checked the Canon site and do not include a compatible driver installer with 10.7 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    I would wait for word from Canon to have a compatible driver installer Lion. I also received the error message when trying to install the SELPHY CP800 driver-installer disk in the box. I also checked the Canon site and do not include a compatible driver installer with 10.7 yet.
    Ok, after further testing I see that you already have the SELPHY CP800 application and the driver installed on Snow Leopard and then upgrade to Leo it still works.

As noted above, the SELPHY CP800 driver-installer does not install on Lion 10.7, but if it was installed on Snow Leopard still works after the update 10.7.

Can I physically copy the CP800-driver of my 10.6 backup to Mac OS X Lion?

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliana View Post
    Can I physically copy the CP800-driver of my 10.6 backup to Mac OS X Lion?
    I'm trying to make use of the SELPHY CP760 with the lion, nevertheless the MP250 does not work. I received the error 331.I am looking for CP750 driver, nevertheless I cannot locate.

I asked for support from Canon. Presently support the application of Lion. Canon actually bad as it could be in progress ,months ago when the first developer preview of Lion arrived.

A little not convenient. Before Lion, you can print directly from the iPhone through fingerprints and now must make use of an SD card? It would be better for Canon to make this new driver of Lion ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    I asked for support from Canon. Presently support the application of Lion. Canon actually bad as it could be in progress ,months ago when the first developer preview of Lion arrived.

A little not convenient. Before Lion, you can print directly from the iPhone through fingerprints and now must make use of an SD card? It would be better for Canon to make this new driver of Lion ready!
    This could suggest the possibility of a manual installation to extract the files from the printer from different areas of the library (in the root and user directory), trying now w / a successful yet .

I've managed to make it work after a few trys. Here's how :

I tried my luck today as well. As i had to search through some backed up timemachine files.

So what i did was getting the files back which i had installed ( guess they were pre - lion files ) cause i updated manually after some time ( cause i knew when updating the drivers would still work as i found this thread before.

So after i had the files :

printers.conf
    Selphycp Folder
    Canon_cp800.ppd

I proceeded in :

Shut down Service "sudo launchctl stop org.cups.cupsd" in terminal
    Copy Selphycp folder to "/Library/Printers/Canon/" and replace everything
    Copy Canon_cp800.ppd to "/private/etc/cups/ppd" and replace if needed
    Open "/private/etc/cups/printers.conf" with text-edit and replaced ( or added ) the CP800 Information

continue in terminal:
    sudo chown root:_lp Canon_CP800.ppd
    ls -l Canon_CP800.ppd
    cd ..
    sudo chown root:_lp printers.conf
    ls -l printers.conf ( at this point printers.conf didn't change and put out "-rw-r--r--@ 1 root _lp 1892 2 Feb 19:06 printers.conf"
    Run Onyx and fix permissions
    Run HDD Service Tool ( don't know how it's called ) and fix permissions there as well to be sure
    In the end : "-rw------- 1 root _lp 1779 2 Feb 19:13 printers.conf"
    sudo launchctl start org.cups.cupsd

Finally all setup has been done. I connected printer, selected a picture in preview, and simply printed selecting paper format as well as printer. Working.

Diagnostic Tool working yet again.

Attached in the archive, you can find the SelphyCP folder, as well as printers.conf and Canon_CP800.ppd. I strongly recommend backing up files before proceeding as well as using printers.conf only as a guide ( copy and paste + edit )

You can use a third part driver for Lion.
    Work fine with my selphy CP760

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_...d_Printers.php

download here
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp....2/5.2.8-pre1/